1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SuperCard DSTWO booting issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yoshi2889, Oct 8, 2010.

1. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Hellos.

I'm rather disappointed with this.

When I play a game for a few minutes, the game freezes and then the DSTWO doesn't get detected on my DSi for a while.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Blow into the cart slot and clean the contacts on the flash cart.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Blowing into your cart is not a scientific way of fixing things, Nathan. You'd only be causing the dusts to get into the cart not to mention moisture from your breath and possible saliva wetting the cart.

Most likely the cart's PCB plates (the shiny stips) didn't contact properly with the console cart reader. Such things can happen with almost any external memory card devices. Another possibility is the cart you obtain has some faulty program causing some interference.

4. LuckyTrouble77

Nah, his has worked for awhile. A nice, dry blast of air will get stuff out. It would be best if it was from compressed air though.

The contacts get dirty easily though. These are issues I was having with my cart awhile back (exact problems btw). Blowing into the cart slot fixed my problem without needing to touch the contacts except to blow on them too.

5. yoshi2889

I tried that several times, then it showed "An error has occured" when leaving it in the system for a while.

The only thing that worked is leaving the card out of the system for around 15 minutes.

It worked fine until now...I have it for a few months already.

I will try to blow into it again if it doesn't work again today.

6. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

SD card's probably died on you from wear and tear.

Try another SD card and I'm confident that will fix your issue.

7. LuckyTrouble77

The thing is, if it was just the MicroSD card, it would result in just plain booting errors. He's having full out detection errors witch the MicroSD wouldn't affect.

8. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Not always the case.

A year or so back I had similar issues. The Flash Cart was still booting perfectly fine and also loaded games fine. But then when it came to playing the game after a few minutes it would just freeze.

A change in SD card fixed it right up.

9. LuckyTrouble77

He's having detection issues with the system though on top of the freezing. This was happening with my Original R4 awhile back.

It was all solved by blowing into the cart slot and on the contacts. Still using the same MicroSD with no issues.

10. yoshi2889

Probably not my micro SD card as it gets fully detected on my computer for how long I want it to. No matter the OS I am running.

I have no other micro SD card by the way. Dad stole my other one. Might buy an 16GB later though.

To notice, it is in every app. NDSGBA, NDSSFC, iReader, DS2Tools, etc.
    Post Merge: [time]1286609133[/time]
    Nathan Drake is probably right because the contacts are filthy. Will try cleaning them someway (no water, I promise LOL)
    Post Merge: [time]1286609733[/time]
    I've been playing Dr. Mario for a few minutes on the SNES emulator and it froze again. DSTWO IS detected fine though, so I think it must be the fault of the emulator itself.

I will do a full format with the Panasonic SD formatter and see if that works.