1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Supercard DS2 issues

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by buchichu, Aug 27, 2010.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

'aight, so I just got my DS2 and am super excited but am having some issues on the get-go, and the official site's "help" is anything but.

First off I can't get the cheats to show up. I've tried .db and .dat and neither show up. Also, as the cheat database is no longer being updated, I need to know how to add my own. Previously, on my M3i, I used notepad to make my .dht cheat file, but I don't think the DS2 reads that, so now I'm at a loss.

Second, I'm not sure how to get the GBA emulator to run. I downloaded the file from the official site and put the folders in the root directory as per the instructions but the instructions don't tell me where to put the games and in the main menu, no little GBA icon shows up for me. The ireader shows up just fine, though.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'd like to take advantage of what I hear is one of the best flashcarts on the market :)

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

1st: Use R4CCE, google it.
    Place the USRCHEAT.DAT in _dstwo

second: Put the games on NDSGBA\gamepak
    They will show up.

read my topic about compatibility on some tested games.

3. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

where did you put the dat file you should put it in system or whatever you have

4. yoshi2889

Put it in _dstwo

5. buchichu

WONDERFUL.

I have the cheats working and can now add my own moving forward with that handy r4cce (I always ignored it because I assumed it was for the R4 only, lol) and after a little investigation I realize what I did wrong with the GBA - I wrote over the plugin folder with the reader one as both downloads come with their own folder. So after transferring all the files to one plugin folder it works.

sometimes you just have to stand back and say "DUH."

ah well, it always takes me a while to get used to a new flashcart. I'll settle in quickly now, I'm sure.

6. yoshi2889

lolz you should leave the _dstwo folder (only add new skins and cheats) and you should not touch the two .PLG files in the _dstwoplug folder as then the GBA emu and iReader can't boot. ;)

7. buchichu

thanks for the advice :)