1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Supercard DS One

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dragonmaster1456, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I keep getting a blue screen even when I've used the latest version of the firmware or software, or whatever it's called, of the Supercard DS one, does anyone know how to fix this?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Do you get a blue screen when you start up the DS, or just when you try to play a game?

If so, what game?

3. It happens when I start up the DS.

4. TirithRR

What happens when you power up the DS without the Supercard in it?

Make sure you are using the correct DSOne firmware, there are three different ones, DSOnei, DSone SDHC, and DSone.
    Check here for the correct firmware files: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

For the Supercard DSOne firmware, they come in a folder called "eng", but you need to take the two things out of the eng folder and put them on the root of your MicroSD card (not in a folder).

So when you open your SD card, you will see:

scshell
    MSFORSC.NDS

If you just extract the files to your card, you will see:

eng

And that won't work.

5. Normal stuff happens when I power up the DS without the Supercard if that helps. Also, I'm trying that site now.
    Post Merge: [time]1243381001[/time]
    The blue screen still shows up, and I've done everything like you've said, including using the one specific to my supercard ds one.

6. TirithRR

Has it ever worked? Or is this a new card you are just setting up?

Is it an SDHC compatible card, and are you using an SDHC card? (4GB or higher)?

7. It's a new card, I just got it today. It's Supercard DS one SDHC according to the site I ordered it from. I'm using a 2 GB micro SD card.

8. TirithRR

What site did you purchase it from?

And are you using a DSi or a DS Phat/Lite?

9. DealExtreme.com, and I'm using a DS lite.

10. TirithRR

Every answer I can find about this points to the wrong firmware versions (SDHC for NON-SDHC version, etc.)

Check your packaging and card and see if it says SDHC on it anywhere, if not, then it probably isn't the SDHC version. Also check to see if the SD card is sitting correctly and firmly in your Card's slot.

11. I tried every version now, including the DSi version in case it was accidentally shipped instead of the DS SDHC version, and I still get the blue screen.

12. TirithRR

Well, I'm at a loss. Maybe it's defective?

13. I sure hope not... I'm going to keep trying some other things I found on google again.

Edit: After looking a bunch I still can't fix it... If someone sees this, please help if you can.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Consider emailing the Supercard team about it.

15. Just sent an email. Thanks, I didn't know I could.

Edit: After looking some more I think I might have a defective card like TirithRR said. When I do a self-test or self-check (not sure which) it comes up with a psram error.

Edit Again: I really think I have a defective card now, after checking with a bunch of other hits on google. I submitted a request for a replacement now, I hope it has enough evidence. I could only get a shot of the blue screen though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.