1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by snipermcrifle, Apr 14, 2010.

1. snipermcrifle

snipermcrifle New Member

alright i recently spent the 1000 points to get melee and i waited a few hours or so for it to finish, it finally finished and its saying the file "1u-super-smash-bros-melee-v102.r00" is corrupt therefore i cannon extract or complete the iso, if anybody could upload that specifin rar file from there copy or send me a link ect, i would appriciate it..

PS: i apologize if this is the wrong forum section for this

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

This is the right place, don't worry. If that rom isn't working, than I'm going to have to just suggest googling. I had an issue similar to this before, but not from here. I downloaded Assassin's Creed 2: Discovery and it came in part files. My issue was that they weren't all there though, so it couldn't be extracted.

Did you try downloading the rom again while you could still for free (love that little just in case grace period) and see if it was maybe just a download issue?

3. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Try using a download manager.

4. snipermcrifle

snipermcrifle New Member

well i didnt know you could redownload for free, so il try that now, just started it, also i tried googling it but theres no other copies that i could find that arent torrented or something, and i tried googling the specific file name but it just gave me search results from other sites, nothing helpful

5. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Did you download it using a download manager?

6. snipermcrifle

snipermcrifle New Member

Hmm i dont really know what you mean, if thats like a firefox thing im using google chrome, if you think that could help, more info would be greatly appriciated :3

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

A download manager is a program. With the program you can stop, pause etc. your downloads.

8. LuckyTrouble77

Firefox just happens to come with a good download manager.

9. vilneamo

vilneamo Active Member

Try searching *removed* for the game

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not good enough.

Flash get or free download manager I'd advise.

11. LuckyTrouble77

I've had no issues with it so far. I don't see why it wouldn't be good enough.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The built in ones are pathetic btw, google the ones I suggested (yes "free download manager" is the name of one) and you'd be fine re-downloading from here.

If you have over 400kbs speed then yes, I don't and have lost a few downloads using the built in ones.

Experience.
    Post Merge: [time]1271257383[/time]
    Plus you can't pause a download and continue next day with the built in ones.

13. LuckyTrouble77

I have on average a 150 kb/s to 200 kb/s download speed. Not often does it go above that. I have yet to lose a single download by fault of the download manager.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have lost a few, plus it is advised by many of us here at romUlation (I was once like you, until 15 downloads corrupted-cut out on firefox, even loonylion suggested a download manager).

And this net isn't really mine, my real speed is about 80kbs, plus it's a precaution, as most of us here know built in ones are best for smaller files ie pics and maybe a 3mb file, not GB's worth of stuff.

These download managers are free and not that big anyway, I personally don't see the hassle.

15. LuckyTrouble77

For GB's worth of stuff, I don't do a straight download. I use "other" methods to get my larger files.

16. snipermcrifle

snipermcrifle New Member

bah xD stop arguing i got it all downloaded and everything and it works, now i have ANOTHER problem, i have a usb device that allows me to connect a ps2 controller to my pc, but dolphin does not detect it, il assume theres a different plugin that i could find, but i wouldnt know where to look can anybody help me out at all?

17. LuckyTrouble77

Why would Dolphin detect a PS2 connector for a PS2 controller when it is a GC and Wii emulator? ;)

For a GC USB (it's good for PS2 and PS also) connector here, though if you want one just for GC you'll have to do a little hunting.

18. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Because as far as the PC and the emulator are concerned, it's a normal USB PC controller. Buying an adapter for a GC controller won't fix anything.

But I'm sorry, I don't know how to get Dolphin to recognise a USB input.