1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Smash Bros for the DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tori93, Apr 12, 2008.

1. tori93

tori93 Active Member

i wish nintendo make just one smash bros game for the ds. it's a great idea i think. what do you guys think?

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Meh, the idea of a party-like fighting game like Smash Bros definitely is not a bad idea, but if Nintendo released a Super Smash Bros. DS, it would simply be inferior to Brawl. The only reason someone would play it is if they don't have a Wii. I don't, and I would play it likely, but it's not like corporations to release 'downgrades' and such.

3. tori93

tori93 Active Member

well your right, i guess. wii of course it's a very popular console. i'm thinking getting one for myself (even though i already have a ps3). but i'm waiting till the ps2 don't have good games anymore (well 2 or 3 more years). well the ds have a potential for 3d games. just look at super mario 64 ds. if they use the graphics, it will still be pretty good. the characters are only from games in handheld nintendo consoles. and of course for the controls, maybe you can use the stylus or the buttons.

4. bustaballs

bustaballs Member

I'd definitely pick up a DS port of SSB. I also bought Brawl on day one.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

General is not the proper section when we have a Nintendo section. Moved.

6. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

I would picture it similar to Jump Superstars.
    2D would make it fast paced and cut out long load times.
    It would be perfect as a local wifi game. Since if you wanted to play over the internet you would play the wii version.

so yeah.

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I would picture thegraphics to be like Super mario 64 for DS, with the same style as SSBB but less items, and less playable characters, the DS can barely handle a quick action paced game with Super Mario 64 graphics... At least I think it can't

8. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

I just remembered a game im looking forward to Card Sagas Wars

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QFsDHTuW6XM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3SfSKgNg2MU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yC0w3NqfwE0

I'm a secret character in this game btw.

9. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

I don't see why not... if it fits into the polygon limit it's ought to work well. The physics aren't too complicated and take a look at One Piece Gear Spirit, the graphics are fantastic but the gameplay is a bit meh, it would take only so little to make it work like ssb. In my opinion it's just the fact nintendo doesn't want to bring it to the DS and that's where it ends, power-wise the DS would suffice.

10. Salaskan

Salaskan Member

Have you ever played the original Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64?

11. manny2260

manny2260 Well-Known Member

I have it :D

12. jakenero10

jakenero10 Well-Known Member

I like to have it on the DS just in case if get bored or on a trip.
    i don't to see it 3d on the NDS if possible Pixel images are more better.

13. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still ahve it :)