1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Robot Wars J translated

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Reider, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1577/

If you liked any of the original generation games, then you'll probably like this one.

Just need to find where I put VBA now...

2. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

Wow! Complete Translation! Thx for the info!

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Nice. Didn't realize the translation has been completed.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks a lot.

5. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Awesome! Will start on this once I finish the OG ones. Which does the DS have,? K, L and... i forgot the last one.

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Okay, about the gameplay, what does a blinking heart mean?

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Crap, I just remembered (the hard way)...

This IS the one Super Robot Wars/Taisen Game on the GBA that still doesn't have any already made Action Replay Codes available on the net *facedesk*

And the ones posted on sites like GameFAQs were wrongly posted as those are actually for Super Robot Wars/Taisen R.

And yeah, I've been using cheats mostly infinite/Max Money (for mech upgrading) & easy experience points/level gain Codes since Super Robot Wars Alpha on my PSOne days. LOL!

8. Blade5406

There are codebreaker codes for it.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Link please...

If it's this one:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/929355-super-robot-taisen-j/faqs/47702

Scroll down a bit and...

When it should've been "Judgment".

Also, I tried it with the game on VisualBoyAdvance & the emulator says the codes are for a different game.

EDIT: Sorry my bad :(

Eh!?

The Codes do work!

But it's a bit strange though, often times when codes require a "Master Code" you must input that first & enable it otherwise the succeeding codes won't work. Which is especially true with Codebreaker Codes.

The Master Code in that page doesn't work as I said, VBA detects the code is for a different game. However, the codes themselves do work & they don't require a master code even.

10. Reider

Reider Modereider

The master code is generally to get the hardware to actually take the codes and not freeze to my understanding. Seeing as it's a virtual system, it probably doesn't need it as a result.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

In most cases yes, some codes for some games when played on an emulator do need a Master Code but most do not.

But I digress, the fan translation is pretty good though I did find a typo at the very first mission.

When Koji Kabuto talks with Lori for the succeeding lines of text her name becomes Loru.

12. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

This just proves that the game use the same engine.

So in the end the code works since the code is the same.

13. Blade5406

Actually it's correct, there are two characters named Lori and Loru. You'll get them and their mech in Stage 29.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Oh, I didn't know that :)

I haven't played that far into it yet though.

Also, is the "Mazinger Z" plot line they used on this game the plot from "Shin Mazinger Edition Z"? That "darker remake? Because I don't recognize the Mazinger Z Themes (Fire Wars & Judgment) that was used in the game.

Also, that remake is too dark for my liking :p

15. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

truth to be told, I have absolutely no idea where mazinger and that "v" robot came from.

I was just " what the flying hell are those two oO?"

Glad I will go the ArchAngel way at chapter 11 and i can ditch those two.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

HA!?

Not even lame (& yes I do call them LAME!) Gundams can beat the almighty classic Super Robots!

I even dare say, that idiot Kira & his weak ass Strike Gundam will easily Burn from Mazinger Z's Breast Fire Attack :p