1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Robot Taisen K problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Not_You, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not_You

Not_You New Member

Hello I'm new to emulating so please excuse my inexperience. I received an R4 from my friend and I started downloading yesterday. Getting to the point, I choose the game from the menu, the screen goes white for a second and then goes to this screen where indigo lines are flashing and there is japanese text. Now since I can't read japanese (you're probably wondering why I am trying to play a game primarily in japanese but that is besides the point) I don't know what the problem is. It is in .nds format. I'm wondering if it is because R4 can't support it or something else. Did anyone else experience this?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The games are meant to be in .nds format to work.

Ok, I lack experience with r4's (outdated, full of clones...they scared me off) so I'll ask general questions that may help other's help you.

1.What kinda of r4 (read what the label says exactly)

2.Is the firmware installed correctly?

3.Any other games you tried work before this?

I hope you best of luck :)

3. Not_You

Not_You New Member

I have two other games that I got to work perfectly fine, (I have SWT W as well on it but it's just that I want to play as the mecha in that one). As far as the kind of R4, all the cartridge says is R4. It could be a clone, I don't, like I said, I got it from my friend who had used it previously perfectly fine.

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure its not piracy protection,as I did not have to patch mine...
    My R4 is real and here's how to fnd out (Mine's V2 Black)

http://www.sgclub.com/singapore/guide_how_see_161448.html

If your R4 is real you might want to try using YSMenu firmware...
    I'm sorry I can't help much...
    I don't remember when I first play SRWK what my firmware was...

Hope someone helps you fix your problem :D

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest firmware. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.