1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Mario Sunshine Extra Shine Sprites?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by doughboy, Aug 12, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I have been wanting to ask about this for a while now, as I do not know what to do...
    In Super Mario Sunshine, there are 120 stars...or so I am told (I pressumed there were about 141)
    -Maybe I'm loosing it but, a long time ago I remember getting about 141 shine sprites in all by using an action replay "get all sine sprites code" sadly I don't own it anymore, and it will not work either because all my games are now backups....
    -I have goten all of the shine sprites that there are to get, but as seen in the photos there should be more....
    -The pianta has also given me something to think about, (see pictures) because of what he said....
    -I acnnot find any article regarding the three ? shine sprites, only about the two secret ones wich I have figured out myself....
    My question is, has anyone gotten all the (super secret) shine sprites?
    I have circled the shine sprites (?) in red

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

In Delfino Plaza there is some sort of crate breaking game, if you break the crates in 30 seconds you get a shine sprite.

Walk into an house and you see it. I don't remember the exact place.

3. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yes i have broken those.........got 120 which is apparently (mostly everyone says) is the max.....but im not to sure, as you can see based on the three extra ? ? ?
    Just to clarify I did not use action replay on this as I do not own it anymore (100% pure gaming)
    If you see post on youtube, you will see that other people (who have apparently passed the whole game) and have these same ? marks.....which i find odd................
    I think that they either choose to assume (based on what people say) that there are only 120, or do not notice them............
    there are question marks which then turn into stars after you beat certain events
    (such as the one for crate breaking, red coins in sub levels [the ones with cut scenes of shadow Mario taking your fludd])
    and no this is not a hoax, no Photoshop......go to youtube or check for yourself......it is a legit picture........

4. karnous

karnous Member

As far as I'm concerned I believe you've cleared them all

I remember somebody having a discussion about this a while ago, from the time you finish the game, x amount of sprites to 120 the resident still says he hopes something will happen

of course I could be wrong, the ? ? ? seems sort of strange, so just keep looking! :D

5. yoshi2889

When I was doing stupid (yeah doodling around a bit in Delfino Plaza)I noticed a star in a building...I think you already got that one?

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yup....

7. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Is the Pianta just talking about the differing ending cinematics that you get with different Shine numbers? Or maybe the sunglasses/shirt/airport level that is unlocked?

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

he could be talking about that, who knows................
    but still have (3) ? marks when i:
    -enter a level (world)
    -or when i check my progress by pressing Z while in delphino plaza

9. yoshi2889

Isn't it just the score?

10. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i think theres this one where you crash through this door theres a sky level and i think you have to do a massive jump with the speed spray for fludd you know when fludd shoots out behind your back and this makes you faster also you crsh in using the speed spray

11. doughboy

doughboy Guest

dills2:gotten every star (shine sprite) which apparently everyone says is........everything....
    Yoshi2889:i guess its part of the score, but that still does not explain the extra stars in each level and on the scoreboard.....i see how you would think that seeing how they are on the top.........but there are three (so they are not even lined up)...........

12. yoshi2889

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Super%20Mario%20Sunshine%20secret%20shine%20sprites&search=Search&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

Oh god youtube......

13. doughboy

doughboy Guest

youtube says nothing about them..........
    and as mentioned above every single person on youtube with a super mario sunshine video is missing those stars (read the post and replies)..................

14. yoshi2889

Well, I'm lost...

15. doughboy

doughboy Guest

i have seen mostly every SMS youtube videos (%80) to find an answer, but it did not help......
    you linked me to youtube which is not helpful with my question..........
    the people with SMS videos do not seem to notice, or do not acknowledge the three extra ?......since.....
    every single site states (big ones as well as small ones) that there are 120 stars in total as i stated above........
    therefore i am confused since there are extra ?.........after i beat the game with 120 shine sprites

i have seen the secret shine sprite videos....i have gotten all the ones they show........

16. yoshi2889

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1823/t715231-shine-sprite/

Read that.