1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Mario Advanced 4 DSTwo Corrupt Saved Data

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Yutrzenika, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Okay, so I really wanted to get Super Mario Advanced 4: Super Mario Bros 3 running on my DSTwo, but when I start it I get the Gameboy Player logo thing, and then it goes to "Your saved data is corrupted.". I looked around, and I found a file on GBATemp called "game_config.txt" which supposedly fixes games with that problem, but it was of no help to me. Some people also said making a save state works, but once again, didn't help.
    Would using the US version make a difference (I downloaded the Europe one because it was the first one I saw)?
    If anybody can help it'd be appreciated, its one of my favorite GBA games.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the "game_config.txt" had no particular instructions on how to use it. Was just told to put it in the NDSGBA folder, which is what I did.
    Also, turns out I do have the U ROM, I did have the E one before though. I guess neither made a difference.

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I tried running it through NO$GBA a long time ago and I got the same thing.

3. Yutrzenika

That's very odd. There should be some way to fix it, right? I mean, people have done it.

4. verack

verack Active Member

I'm not sure if this will fix it, but I do recall this patch being able to make Mario advanced 4 run on NO$GBA for me a while ago.

http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/bubbz/?system=gba&section=patch_info&patch_id=1050

Apply that patch to the U rom, not the E rom. Use a LunarIPS patcher to apply it.

EDIT: The above patch only worked partially for me (worked on VBA, but not NO$GBA). Use Gbata to SRAM patch the rom, and it should work perfectly.

http://filetrip.net/f223-GBATA--GBA-Tool-Advance-0-7a.html

5. Yutrzenika

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know how it runs for me!
    EDIT: It worked okay. Every time I start it up it tells me my data is corrupt, and has a list of all the games contents, and whats ok, and what was lost (Thankfully nothing is lost). The game plays alright though, its a bit slow.