1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Super Mairo 64

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Fennyariel, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Could somebody please tell me if there's a list somewhere of what stars are needed to get into whatever area? Like for instance all I can remember is that you need 8 to be able to get into Big Boo's Haunt. See now that I've got my really cool Xbox 360 controller I can play this really cool game again! ;v) Unfortunately I can't seem to find a a walkthrough that says how many stars are needed. Nor can I find one with directions to all the cap switch levels either. So if somebody could also please tell me where those are too that would help.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try looking on GameFAQs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/game/920758.html

3. Fennyariel

I'm not playing that one. I'm playing the old original.

4. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

how bout look yourself?
    www.google.com
    search super mario 64 walkthough

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...it should say how many stars you need-hence star doors.

I clocked both versions 3 times-though I can't remember how many are needed-been a long time :(

6. Fennyariel

DUH! Why the hell do you think I'm asking here?! Gee! Maybe it's because I've already looked and didn't find what I was after?!

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Ah, not the DS version. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/game/198848.html

I'd advise you to change your attitude if you wish to keep posting on these Forums.

8. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

But he does have a point, why woiuld he post here if his answer was found on google so easily?

9. aceberhel101

aceberhel101 New Member

ok guys. im new at romulation. but heres a tip. at the first room, theres a total of 8 stars.
    by getting all 8 stars, a new quest will be available at the 2nd door...

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I think you underestimate how often something like this occurs.

11. Fennyariel

Just to let you know Krusha I am a GIRL! ;v) Maybe I should make my avatar a picture of the real me? Believe it or not we girls love games just as much as you boys do! ;v)

12. tehuber1337

There's no such thing as a female on the internet. You may be female in real life, but the moment you connect to the web you're a man.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Stop with the light, flaming :(

14. tehuber1337

I wasn't flaming, I was explaining the politics of gender on the internet, ie it is (or should be) a non-issue.

15. Alex_t15

Alex_t15 Member

im playing the ds version and im at the clockwork tower arear, i cant get past there

16. Fennyariel

I am a woman. Wether I'm online or not!

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's the way you adapt to sites such as this that deem you a man-and to be honest I thought you were :(

And besides-girl or not-it doesn't matter-because your status is hidden-and no avatar-we can only assume your a dude.

Now your making it a big deal-do what I done-say sorry and move on before you get into trouble-wether you think you started it or not (the mods will take action when needed).

Though I must say-your not a girly-girl when you post-you can dish it out (the posting habbits of some girls here make them easy to spot XD)

Guess you need help-explain which star you need-also jumping into the clock at different times can alter the stage ie clock parts stop moving-speed up or slow down.

18. Fennyariel

Thanx, mds64! ;v) That comes from being born handicapped and getting picked on all your born days because of it. I learned a VERY long time ago how not to take no crap from nobody! ;v)

19. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Calm down, I address anyone I don't know well as a "he" as a general term, don't take it personally, I called my girlfriend a "he" before XD (accidentally of course :p).

Anyway come to think of it there isn't a "star limit" to get into big boo's haunt... just keep playing until a ghost appears in the entrance to the basement then go in and kill the boos on the left until they drop a strange cage, walk into that cage.

20. Fennyariel

And how hard did you get smacked? ;v)

Now to stay on topic doesn't that fact that Big Boo doesn't show up until a certain time indicate that we DO need a certain ammount of stars? ;v) I've since found out that we need 15. You go try to find him with just 14 and tell me who you DON'T see! ;v)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.