1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suis' Pokemon Team #1

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Suiseiseki, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I've been playing competitive Pokemon for a while, and as a result I've collected quite a few teams. Since Smogon restructured their banlist at the end of last year, I've had to retire a lot of my old teams because of one reason or another (mostly the banning of Deoxys Speed Form). So I figured that I might share them with you guys. Feel free to rip them off and use them against your friends - all the ones I'm planning to post have met with some success in the past against other players. Also feel free to ask WHY something's been included, or offer your own suggestions. Basically, this is a critique of an experienced player's team, mixed with a Q&A.

For all intents and purposes all Pokemon listed here are Level 100.

I'm an offensive player, and as a result deviate somewhat from the standard archetype of four sweepers, two walls. This maintains passive defense through screens and encourages smart switching to lessen the effects of counters. The general idea is to keep the opponent on their toes and taking damage.

Deoxys - S @ Light Clay
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Taunt

The basic idea for this was to set up Stealth Rocks and/or a screen. Light Clay increases the screens' duration to 8 turns, which gives a significant advantage. The real skill is determining whether to Taunt on an opposing lead that also want to lay rocks/spikes - this is faster than all leads that carry it, provided they are not carrying a Choice Scarf. Taunt any attempts to set up on Deoxys, lay your own rocks, set up a screen, and switch out/suicide.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hidden Power (Ice)
    ~ Lava Plume/Fire Blast

It's a toss-up between Fire Blast and Lava Plume, due to power and accuracy issues. Switch this in on an expected Fire-type move, Shaymin-S or basically anything Scizor can throw at you, Substitute on the switch, and proceed to leave large dents in their counter. HP Ice is for annoying Salamence that likes to switch in on your Earth Power, and as an alternate move for Shaymin-S.

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpAtk / 160 Spe
    Modest nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Surf

This is a harder-hitting version of the standard Calm Mind-Rest Suicune. It retains some of the bulk, but sacrifices recovery for the protection of Substitute. Use Substitute, then begin bulking up with CM.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Roost
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Swords Dance

Ah, Scizor. With Technician, STAB and Life Orb, its Bullet Punch always hits first - and hard. A Swords Dance boost boosts the potential to even higher levels. Superpower is there for Blissey, Heatran, etc. Roost to recover off the Life Orb recoil.

Salamence (M) @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SpDef)
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Fire Blast

One of the many variant on DD MixMence. Get a Dragon Dance up, then proceed to do some hurting. Dragon Claw can be substituted for Outrage if you don't like the idea of being locked into it. You can replace this with every other variant of MixMence with very little change.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
    Modest nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Trick

Basically my revenge killer and Blissey counter. Immune to Seismic Toss, and can Trick the Scarf onto things that wouldn't like being locked into a single move.

EDIT: Here's a video of this team in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWiFTBdW-QA&feature=channel_page

2. kyeom219

kyeom219 Active Member

i think most of them looks good (100% better than mine) I think u can replace gengar for something else~~~ ( i will be back to write when i can remember which Pokemon i was going to talk about)

3. Suiseiseki

I considered Alakazam and Azelf, but the STAB Shadow Ball and Trick won the day. Levitate and Thunderbolt didn't hurt either. Its main function is to come in on Blissey's Seismic Toss or the like and lock it into a single move.

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

nice move sets, it's good to see i'm not the only one who thinks obsessively with movesets :D

5. Suiseiseki

Movesets are reasonably easy, actually. Even comes before EVs and natures.

6. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Salamence looks awesome ;)