1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suikoden Tierkreis Tech Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Magic501, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic501

Magic501 Member

Once I start it up the game, It always shows a white screen on both screens.
    I am currently using a R4 and the firmware is v1.18.
    Also when I used the ARM7 patch on the file, I got past the white screen, but once I chose the language it goes black on both screens.
    I have used many roms from different sites, including the European and American versions, but they all have the same result.
    Does anyone have any advice for me?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You may need to use YSMenu.

3. Magic501

Magic501 Member

Alright, Thanks for the help! But What's the difference between YSMenu and Moonshell?

4. anandjones

Moonshell is a homebrew media application ;) YSMenu is firmware. You may be getting confused. The media button loads Moonshell which is pre-installed with the R4 firmware.

5. Magic501

Magic501 Member

Well the good news is that I finally got YSMenu to work on my R4, but Suikoden Tierkreis still doesn't work on my DS! It always says..

[Rom loading failed]
    disk errcode=-2147483632
    Please reset system

It only happens to only Suikoden Tierkreis and nothing else. I also tried to patch it, used different roms from different sites, and etc.

Please help me, I'll give you a cookie if you do ;D!

6. anandjones

How did you get YSMenu? Compiled it yourself or?

7. Magic501

Magic501 Member

I got YSMenu from the creator's site and used R4ysauto to do everything for me, like creating the files I need to put in my micro SD. I'm not actually sure how it works, but it still makes it so I can play my other games on my R4, just not Suikoden Tierkreis :(.

8. anandjones

Hm, fairly odd, since Suikoden (U) and (E) works fine on R4 1.18 original firmware, as well as YSMenu 1.16 if I remember. If you still keep the .rar archives, extract the clean ROM from it again, otherwise try re-downloading the ROM, playing on a clean 1.18 install of firmware.

9. Magic501

Magic501 Member

I got Suikoden (U) from this website and Suikoden (E) from another site. I still got the zip file, so I'm pretty sure the ROM is clean, but I'm not entirely sure that my firmware is also clean, since the only game it can't play is Suikoden and every other ROM I have is working fine. Did other people have to patch theirs or what? Or got their firmware from a different site? I'm getting really confused with this...

10. anandjones

No. It works fine on my R4 1.18. Reinstall that firmware from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/ and extract the ROM again. No patching required.

11. Magic501

Magic501 Member

Hmmm that's weird... when I extracted the the 1.18v firmware onto my micro SD, the only thing that was different was _DS_MENU.DAT file. And when I overwritten the one I got from R4ysauto, I couldn't use YSMenu. So this means that my firmware is unusual. But the thing that confuses me is that it can still play other games.

How many MBs is your _DS_MENU.DAT file? I wish to compare them. The DAT file I got from R4ysauto was 397KBs and the one from linfoxdomain was 1.34MBs.

If its the same with either, then can I ask you how did you downloaded YSMenu?

12. anandjones

The filesizes between the two firmwares will be different. My menu.dat is 1.34MB. I compiled YSMenu myself.

13. Magic501

Magic501 Member

Exactly how did you compiled YSMenu? I think I did it mines differently.

14. anandjones

I used the YSMenu firmware with DSTT firmware with R4 decryption tool.

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

Although you should try this: backup all files on MicroSD, reformat, re-install a newly downloaded copy of 1.18 firmware, with nothing else but the Suikoden Tierkreis (U) ROM, create the save file. Do you also have a specific type of R4 (states another part of brand name etc.)?

15. Magic501

Magic501 Member

How do I reformat my MicroSD? Oh nvm I found out. I'll try that out.....

Yay it worked, I reformatted it and it worked ;D. It got rid of weird files that said it wasn't there when I still could see it.
    Thank you for helping me for all this time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.