1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suikoden Tierkreis, music and sounds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lanceknight01, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanceknight01

lanceknight01 Member

I'm running the game through emulator and the sound seems to be cluttered. i'm not sure if the game has a problem or the emulator i'm using is the problem. i have already tried 5 different emulators and only two can produce images, but the problem I'm trying to resolve is clearing the sound quality. I'm a newbie so please excuse anything i mention that might seem stupid.

thanks!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis, thru emulators

What do you mean "Cluttered"?

Just to let you know, the English voice acting in Suikoden Tierkris is very "fast". It sounds like the voice actors are forcing themselves to talk quickly. That's the way it is supposed to be (and many people dislike it because of it).

3. lanceknight01

lanceknight01 Member

well, it was more about the background music as they come out. they come out as high-pitched popping noises, i barely here music at all. if you aren't having any problems with it, could you give me the directory of where you found your emulator? i'm currently using Ideas1026, it's pretty much the only working emulator that i can use for the game. the rest couldn't load it.

thanks.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No$GBA 2.6a is the best DS emulator.

5. lanceknight01

lanceknight01 Member

i have that one downloaded too, only to see the messege "data could not be read..." after i pick a language. i have both european and usa version of the game and i get the same error when i use No$GBA 2.6 (even 2.5). if that works for you, i'm not sure what's going on here.

thanks.

6. TirithRR

You need to get 2.6a (the A is important)

Read the Common Issues thread for where to download it.

7. lanceknight01

lanceknight01 Member

yeah, 2.6a is what i got.

8. TirithRR

"Data could not be read" means your save settings are wrong.

Change the settings for the NDS Media to "Auto".

9. lanceknight01

lanceknight01 Member

alright, did that through the options tab, and still getting the same result.

10. TirithRR

Go to the BATTERY folder in the folder that has your NO$GBA

Delete the .SAV file for Suikoden, and try again.

If that fails, download the ROM again, maybe you have a patched version.

11. lanceknight01

lanceknight01 Member

mmm, i played around with the emulation settings saved those changes. after that, i was able to open the game and also improve the sound quality. i guess it just needed some changes in the settings.

TirithRR, thanks a lot for helping me out. i guess we solved this problem.

Thanks!

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the speed was done intentionally to reduce work on the various (15) sound channels on the DS.

13. bizarro_nemesis

bizarro_nemesis New Member

NO NO NO For the NO$GBA you have to set the save file to EEPROM (64k) Options => Emulation => NDS Cartridge Backup Media (EEPROM (64k)) and then restart cartage. that is what happen to me i have to set it each time i start the game if not work go for Flash (512k) u must remember which 1 u used for each game some use (flash (advanced wars dual strike)) some (EEPROM (suikoden)) try that out first b4 formatting anything

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

2.6a version has Auto, which should work fine, since it automatically sets the correct save type. Only a few cases where it didn't work on Auto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.