1. This forum is in read-only mode.

suggestions online games

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ryu1996, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ryu1996

ryu1996 Member

I'm looking for an online game on pc F2P fast download and it cant suck my PC is windows xp videocard 256mb geforce

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what geforce series? Also most free online games suck, since they don't have the backing of the paid ones. Urban terror is an online FPS.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

what kind of online game are you looking for?

4. ryu1996

ryu1996 Member

the online game can be an mmorpg,fps and not too lag and fast download as much as possible if not its ok :)

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

lag has nothing to do with the game...

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Actually in some cases yes. There's a part of online play called network coding. If the coding is shoddy and bad you'll notice tons of lag.

As with the case with Battlefield 2, that game has shoddy network coding and you need a very low ping to have not a lot of lag.
    And any Valve online game has amazing net coding and in some cases you can have a ping of around 200 and not notice a lot of lag.

Also there's something called lag compensation. In some games you see people teleporting around, but in others you don't see any teleporting at all. Call Of Duty 4 has very good lag compensation.

7. ryu1996

ryu1996 Member

actually i saw urban terror ill try it but its 5 hours and 45 min download :(

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

a 6 hour download is amazing.

I'd rather have that, instead of getting a DVD that takes days.

9. ryu1996

ryu1996 Member

urban terror is addicting though I'm not so good yet so thanks for telling me ;D

10. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Urban Terror is a dutch game :D