1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suggestions for some good lengthy ds games...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by gamespy198, Mar 30, 2010.

1. gamespy198

gamespy198 New Member

Hi guys!

I was just wondering what you would suggest for some good ds games that would keep someone occupied for a few hours.

i already have
    LoZ spirit tracks
    pkmn ss
    twewy (the world ends with you)

and a few other games but i would like something new to play

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

What type of games are you looking for?

RPG, action, etc?

3. gamespy198

gamespy198 New Member

mostly Rpgs some strategy games and some sction mostly anything

4. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Try the recently released Shin Megami Tensei - Strange Journey. The game's relatively fun, and it draws you in.

And since I'm talking about Shin Megami Tensei, you might as well try Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Survivor as well.
    The difference: Devil Survivor is Turn-based strategy, Strange Journey is First-person dungeon crawler.

5. gamespy198

gamespy198 New Member

I know i wish i could play Strange journey but i guess since there is no patch yet then i guess ill have to give devil survivor a try!

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Like trapezoid said, Strange Journey is pretty fun. Devil Survivor is ok, if you're into tactical rpg's mixed with SMT turn based RPG's.

Regular Turn Based RPG's:

Sand of Destruction: is pretty fun, but it gets insanely easy once you link up moves and level them up.

Nostalgia: is ok, not bad, but it was made to be an actual cliche rpg, which it is.

Suikoden Tierkies: it's ok, i got bored of it pretty fast though.

Etrian oddysey 1, 2, and 3: Never played them, 3 is still japanese only though.

Final Fantasy 3: Fun game, although it can be hard at times, you have to Phoenix Downs(revival items), i don't remember their being save points in dungeons, there might be but i haven't played it in a awhile.

Final Fantasy 4: Also fun game, but it too can be pretty hard at times.

Tactical RPG's:

Final Fantasy Tactics, never played it

Final Fantasy XII: Revanant Wings, it's ok, it's more of a strategy rpg like Age of Empires

Advance Wars: I didn't like the gba games

Fire Emblem: It was ok, i didn't beat it though.

There is more RPG's but those are the only ones i can name off the top of my head, not counting Pokemon

7. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

aint it the truth (strange journey , can't say enough good about the game.. theres probably like a million posts all over romulation of me praising it lol) im like 20 or so hours into the game and just now preparing to fight the second main boss.. this game is looooooooooooong.. you can easily spend 100+ hours playing

8. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Infinite Space is a pretty long game my friend. Fun as hell. Right now, I've clocked in about 15 hours, and I'm at chapter 5. I hear the game has about 16* chapters plus sidequests? *Not really sure. So Imagine that. Engaging gameplay althroughout the universe, for at least 60-80 hours of gameplay.

Give it a try and see your life waste away.