1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Successfully burn Suikoden 2...?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gthree, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gthree

gthree New Member

Hi.

Has anyone been able to successfully burn Suikoden 2 and have it play WITHOUT skipping movie/music? I have tried several different .ccd's, and .iso's yielding different results.

I have an old .iso created from my original disc from about 2 years back, but it doesn't seem to play any music at all during the FMV sequences (or when you choose your characters name).

If I use the one downloaded from Romulation, I hear music, but it skips and stutters.

It runs fine on the PC using ePsxe, but I'd much rather be playing it on my big tv.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever gotten it to burn without the skipping and stuttering and if anyone has - how did they do it? Program, burn settings, etc?

I've tried Alcohol 120 (with the playstation preset at 10x - it won't let me burn at a slower speed for some reason); I've tried CloneCD (at 1x); I've tried CDRWin and it didn't boot at all.

I have an external mod chip for both my 7001 and 7501 ps1.

If anyone can shed some light on the situation I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try IMGBurn at the lowest possible speed setting. And a good quality CD, not the cheap brands. 10x is faster than what is usually recommended.

If you download the Suikoden 2 copy from Romulation, it will have a .SUB file which is the subchannel data. Sometimes has music info stored there, and that's a portion that is sometimes missed when making copies of CDs. When you burn the CD, you have to make sure all the files are in the same folder (IMG, CCD, SUB)

3. gthree

gthree New Member

Wow man, thanks! I was originally burning with cheap Dynex discs. So I switched it up with Memorex discs and then got IMGBurn and it... worked! I was starting to lose hope.

I appreciate your help! Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.