1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sub Categories

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dreamer, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Dreamer

Dreamer Active Member

One suggestion I may have is unde teh general discussion, have sub categories like movies/entertainment/tv where we can discuss the latest tv shows, or a music sub category where we can discuss music and share our interest in different bands. A relationships category and stuff like that.. it'll be interested and make it easier to have multiple discussinos at once and have specific boards where one can talk about specific items

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ok, provide me with a definitive list of suggested subcategories (remember that they still have to be generalised i.e a subcategory 'TV', not subcategory 'lost'. Also remember we have a global userbase, so it needs to be applicable to a wide range of nationalities. TV could be an issue there.) and I'll see what I can do :)

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Active Member

something liek:

general discussion
    relationships/romance
    movie/theatre/tv/music
    sports/health
    Technology/Gaming

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

With all due respect, you don't want to talk relationships on a gaming forum, and that's not really what's the site is about. Movies can be related as some movies are about games (and vice versa)

sports and health I dunno, I think a single topic would be enough. Technology and Gaming should definitly be added though.

5. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I kinda, naww more like I agree with seph 8) sorrows in shame ;D with what hes saying, I mean bringing up relationships or interest in such a manner that involves critical imotions will bring a big issue to this site, not just to the site but to the administrators who created this site and yes more roms and more technology, I was kinda thinking of also you peeps adding movie downloads like anime, i got a whole wide collection in anime, but I guess thats out of the question ;D

6. Seph

Anime downloads are out of the question yes. That's not the purpose of RomUlation.

7. Prototype

Damn you seph :mad:

;D ;D ;D :p :p :p

8. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Awww come on! :p You know how much fun it is to see two people fight eachother on the forum and begging you to ban the other.

Nah seriously, you don't want to mediate.

9. Seph

"So like this girl looked at me the other day... do yo guys think I should touch her boobs?"

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ya, of course you should :p

11. nomercy

And tell us what the result was, (so we can laugh...) :D

12. Seph

Yaarr! We had sex 4... no 20 times!

13. Prototype

Damn seph, you animal you, (Guard: Attention on Deck, we have a wild beast on the loose, I suggest you hide your trousers and no but naked runners , or we wont garantee your safety, hes really horny)

;D ;D :p :p

14. nomercy

Pictures!

Cause now we want to know if she looks hot?
    Yes, we're happy and want pictures naked...
    No, we can still laugh at you....

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

I think a request section for anime and whatnot wouldn't be a bad idea myself, mind you I don't watch anime in the first place, but I see no problem having a place to request it and the more knowledgeable members as far as anime goes could potentially post links.

16. Phreak Hacker

Phreak Hacker Well-Known Member

Well, different sections for different topics is great for organisation. Hell, I'll support that. But you also have to look at the aspect of the aesthetics of the forum. We can't flood the forum with TOO many sub-categories. That would make the forum look endless and as far as access goes, users will find it a little tedious to look through each and every section and sub section of the forum for might be a small detail of how to find a rom, or to clarify a technical doubt.

If you have a suggestion of some sub-categories to be included in the Romulation forum, please... by all means go ahead. But keep in mind that it should be as general and as wide-ranged as possible to accommodate all possible topics of interest and also promote a trend of sticking to the topic, instead of spamming (if you're reading this Dodoman, this means YOU! =D)