1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Stupid Amazon questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stanley Richards, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

If I were to preorder three books that have not been released, all three releasing at different months, example Jan, Feb and Dec, do I get all three books in dec? And if not, do I only pay for one box or three boxes?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you get them as and when they are available usually. You might actually get a choice though.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You usually choose at check out. I think there is an option to wait until all your order is ready and ship as one. But it defaults to a "Ship in as few packages as possible when ready". Last time I ordered something with different release dates I ended up receiving one package in a couple days from ordering, and the other a week later. All one order.

The number of shipments or packages doesn't affect the shipping costs. That is only affected by speed you are requesting (Same Day, Next Day, 2/3 Day, Standard shipping, Free Shipping).

Most of the time I choose Free Shipping, usually offered for orders over 20 dollars, and they throw it on what ever trucks are ready at the time and have free space.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Mrh, I'm in Singapore, so the free shipping doesn't apply. Another question: If I buy 3-4 books in one go, do I get them all at the same time? Or if there's no space, I get them in parts? Like 2 books next week and 2 more the week after?