1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Students who agree to sexual health tests are rewarded... with alcohol

Discussion in 'General News' started by johncarl, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johncarl

johncarl Well-Known Member

i know....lame news..

anyway..i just copied this.

eenagers are being bribed with free alcohol to take sexual health tests.

The move is an attempt to cut the increasing levels of sexually transmitted infections, amid dwindling numbers who volunteer to be tested.

Under a countrywide scheme proposed by the National Union of Students, those who take part in the health tests are given tokens which can be exchanged for alcoholic drinks

Read more:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219351/The-booze-bribe-students-agree-sexual-health-tests-rewarded--free-alcohol.html#ixzz0TXOYvcNc

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...that...is too stupid.

If that were here it would help-under age pregnacies and under aged HEAVY drinkers are our problems!

3. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

Ok, now they have finished the STI problem, now they have to deal with drunks. They must be running out of options if they had to resort to alcohol just to get results.

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Ah Hell! Sign me up!

5. Joshaz

Joshaz Well-Known Member

WHAT THE HELL?
    I agree with mds64
    That is reallllllly stupid!
    We already have enough underage alco's!
    But I do agree with the bribing teennagers to take sexual health tests, put please... Not with alcohol!

6. Avatar33

hahah that is stupid but very smart

7. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Woah, I wanna have a test!!

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

it's not stupid at all, remember that's England so by teenagers they're talking about 18-19 year olds that are in uni getting trashed anyway.

secondly even if the people only do it to help them get trashed rather then find out if there is an issue it still works as some will come up positive for something and know about it not only that but it prompts some to go to the doctor as it reminds them of health issues they have down there.

the more people being screened = the more getting treated = the fall in numbers of those with STI's

not only that but they give out a crap load of condoms at these things and the statistics may be published like:
    "3 in 5 people tested were positive for a STI" this prompts more to use condoms and more people to get tests.

i work with agencies who do this type of work and the results are staggering

and again the alcohol thing is genius because those "teenagers" (UK adults) are pissed almost every night anyway. UK uni's everyone is three shades from Wednesday and there is only 3 reasons your not 1. no money to get trashed 2. you have an assignment the next morning 3. you have no friends.

9. Joshaz

Joshaz Well-Known Member

Oh ok, thanks for that equitypetey :)
    Your right that would work,
    I thought that by 'teenagers' they meant like 15-18

10. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

[me=NekoHennuli]facepalms[/me]
    Kistus..

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wow..... i feel like i'm the only one that is alcohol free during teen age.

12. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

*hep* Shuddup and gimme another beer!

13. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

hypocrites

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This is the smartest thing I've read.

15. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Totally.
    All the FREE condoms they give along with the alcohol ought to protect them kids when they do it - as long as they're sober enough to put 'em on properly.

16. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Filhos duma puta(= S.O.B)! Those people don't have anythin' in the head?They solve a problem by creatin' another.Even a child have better ideas than those sons of a...............................................................................

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Judging from your previous posts, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. This is a positive thing, someone could have an STD/STI and be spreading it around and not know it, that versus a drink of alcohol. It's a good thing. If you have any doubts (or if you bother to even read the previous posts) refer back to equity's post.

This is not an act of spreading alcoholism, it's an act to prevent STDs/STIs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.