1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Strange Cheat Error

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by TheFreakinDuck, Jul 7, 2009.

1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

I work with both ROMs and actual game cards and am playing two versions of Digmon World DS (the ROM I have no trouble with it's the actual game I need help with).

I've been trying since April to load the Max/Infinite Money cheat code. In the ROM the code loads and works perfectly but in the actual game I get an error message saying it's unable to read the data. Anyone know how I can get the code to work so I can actually progress faster through the game?

(Tired of playing a ROM on a DS Lite with a busted hinge)

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Maybe you need to spell digimon correctly for it to work

3. TheFreakinDuck

Thanks for the spell check but I wish it were that easy lol.

4. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

What happened to the good old days of playing games without cheats? It's like everyone has to use cheats.

I've played and finished Digimon World DS, and it's the most easiest game you could play, why not do it the normal, more respected way and battle for money?

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

^Translation: "Whine, whine, whine, I don't use cheats so you shouldn't! Bawww"

What firmware and flashcart are you using?

6. TheFreakinDuck

Cause most of the items get really expensive and most stages are murder without lots of healing items. Though I'm halfway through the Bronze Tamer portion of the game so I suppose I'll just finish it and deal with all my money issues later on.

@cjdogger: The cheats load on the ROM with no problem. The error message appears on the actual game card. But the flashcart is Acekard and the firmware is probably the most recent one as of March 2009.

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

So basically the cheats seem to be fine, though may I ask where you get them from?
    Try redownloading some firmware too

8. TheFreakinDuck

I got the cheats from Codejunkies.

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Right, well download some cheats from:
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net for your Acekard and that will make sure that the cheats are working fine

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Does the save error occur at the start of loading the ROM? If so, you can't know whether the code works or not.