1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Still no 3ds flash carts yet I take it?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Jun 10, 2011.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

For actual 3ds roms I mean. I've been totally out of the emulation scene for awhile, will buy a 3ds once it's cracked. Any news on if/when it's coming or if it's already here?

It looks like we're in the same boat that we were when the 3ds came out, but I thought someone might have heard of some kind of project or update that I don't know about.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Nope, no 3DS roms flash cards yet.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

wont be for some considerable time.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The 3DS has been out for less than three months. It took a really long time (years) to get the DS to the simple put in the cart and play system that we are all so used to now. One group has managed to dump 3DS games and have been able to confirm that they work, implying that they've found a way to use the files in a playable format. LGC is not releasing this information though. They have dumped the 3DS games, and there are about three available, with no way to play.

Down to the grit: The 3DS is unlikely to utilize a flash cart system at this point. It would be far more likely for somebody to create a software hack like the custom firmwares on the PSP. In this respect, you wouldn't have to wait 6 weeks for a $50 cart to ship out of China and get to you, and updates would be widespread with clone makers being left at a loss. It would be the ideal way to hack the 3DS if the proper holes were found, though we won't know which way the hackers will go until something is actually released.

Really though, don't expect anything that will actually be worth your time for about the next 10 months at the earliest.

5. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Alrighty, thank you. By then the vita will be out and maybe the 3ds will be seeing a price drop. The software library for the 3ds isn't good enough to warrant a legit purchase just yet. I hope there are some good rpgs in the making besides kingdom hearts and crystal chronicles.