1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Still having problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by verhoef09, Mar 22, 2010.

1. verhoef09

verhoef09 Member

Ok, so I have been trying to get my heart gold rom to work for the past 2 days. I have gotten to the point where my character shrinks into the world and then I get a black screen. Music is still playing. I read the fix thread on the forum, downloaded the repacked file and bios. I out the folder and bios in the same folder as my no$gba application.

I have all the files in an NDS folder. There is the rom itself, the no$gba files, the bios, and a copy of pokemans FIXEDLOL.

The rom I am using is the 4748-Pokemon Heart Gold (U) (Xenophobia) rom.

I followed the instructions in the fix thread. I Changed the Reset/Start Entrypoint from starting the cartridge directly to GBA BIOS (Nintendo lolgo). I also changed my NDS Cartridge Backup Meadia to FLASH 512 KBytes.

Now when I start up no$gba it sits at a white screen and doesn't respond at all. Is there something I'm missing here?
    Post Merge: [time]1269290902[/time]
    heres a screen shot of my folder

[​IMG]

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I suggest you use the AR codes method.

3. verhoef09

verhoef09 Member

I have tried the AR code. It doesn't work. The rom image just crashes at the beginning when I combine it with the other fixes, like changing the reset/entrypoint

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I haven't actually heard of any one playing through the game with no$gba.

5. verhoef09

verhoef09 Member

What emulator do you suggest I use?

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I suggest you buy a flash cart and a DS.

7. meganova

Same here.

Delete your NO$GBA.ini file in you no$gba folder.
    Start your emulator again, run the game, and put the AR codes(just after the game start).

8. verhoef09

verhoef09 Member

I don't understand. You haven't heard of someone using it to play the game, but your telling me that if I delete that file, use the AR code, then it will work? Are you saying that I should use a different emulator or that I can make it work on no$gba?

BTW I deleted the file, started the game back up and got "the saved data could not be acessed" So i changed my cartridge back up to FLASH 512KBytes. Still getting the black screen freeze when I shrink into the world.

9. sherlockhomie

sherlockhomie Well-Known Member

Yes, but we both don't have the .ini file.

10. verhoef09

verhoef09 Member

the .ini file is the one with a gear on it that opens up in notepad. It has all your settings on it.

11. meganova

@verhoef : Looks like you're using the previous version of no$gba.
    Which doesn't have an 'Auto' save type option.
    Download the latest one, 2.6a
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1462.0
    @sherlock : Like I said before, check the extension of your file.

12. a1j9o94

a1j9o94 Active Member

Is it working on any flash carts

13. verhoef09

verhoef09 Member

man, I have been to the website for no$gba so many times and re-downloaded it. I used your link and downloaded it there. Still not working. Get a black screen when I shrink into the world.

I don't get how this isn't working. Meganova, did you do this yourself? If so, maybe you could tell me exactly what you did.
    I'm sorry, I hope I'm not coming off as stupid, I'm just really frustrated haha.

14. meganova

Go here.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.0