1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Steam help/iPod?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MasterofXD, Mar 5, 2011.

1. MasterofXD

MasterofXD Well-Known Member

Hi I'am new to the romulation forums (friend referred it) and I think it's great, this is my first thread so yeah..
    I was just wondering how to speed up my steam downloads? I recently got the "Orange Box" from a friend and I currently have "Half Life Episode 2, Portal and team fortress 2" The downloads are going at like.. 25KB-100kb, and that's quite slow.. How could I speed those up? I also have two discs, what do I do with them? I inserted the first disc into my computer disc drive and nothing happens, I just entered the code later and boom, downloads. So what are the discs for?

I also am wondering, should I jailbreak an iPod 4.2.1 I currently own? It's my only one and I really want to keep it, yet the free "lite" apps are very, very, unappealing. Some of my friends recommnend it, while others say it slows it down.

Thank you for the help in advance romulation, and I hope I can help you guys too sometime =D
    Post Merge: [time]1299379913[/time]
    Can anyone help?

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I get around 50 kb/s to 160kb/s. I'm redownloading TF2 right now and the peak download rate is set at 164 kb/s.

Steam>Settings>Downloads+Cloud and then set the download server to something closer to you.