1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Starting to hate R4...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Xerohk, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Xerohk

Xerohk Member

I have what I'm guessing is a fake R4. I say fake because it doesn't want to run the latest firmware, and looking into it, fake r4s don't want to run anything past 1.15. And I didn't know that or that it's a fake R4... Anyways, I can't seem to find a place to re-download the 1.15 firmware. Or if there's a patch, that works to. When I put the new firmware on the micro, it freezes at the loading screen. Any links or patches would be greatly appreciated.

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Try seeing if Wood R4 works on it
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

3. Xerohk

Xerohk Member

It didn't work...I even found firmware 1.15...

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Did you try Wood R4 version 1.05 for clone R4s?

5. Xerohk

Xerohk Member

Tried everything on that page and any combination thereof.

6. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

7. XerohKanoe

XerohKanoe Member

You wouldn't happen to have YSMenu? If so, could you upload the r4patch.dat file someplace. A program was supposed to generate it, but it didn't...so...yeah...

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

If I had the time, I would upload the whole package with the most recent files, but I don't right now. Somebody will probably upload it for you or link you to the necessary downloads though if you want to go that route.

9. XerohKanoe

XerohKanoe Member

-_-# I have a really good feeling about this(If it doesn't work I'm going to chuck it out the window DS and all...), and all I'm missing is the r4patch.dat file...Argh...I'm a pirate...

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Yasu does not allow anyone to redistribute his software. If you want YSMenu, Download and patch everything yourself.

11. LuckyTrouble77

That is the reason new YSMenu firmware has not been made officially. Pre-made packages were sent out so many times, Yasu up and quit updating the firmware. The only way to get YSMenu updates at this point is when somebody updates the files themselves and uploads them for others to use. So basically, the penalty has already been served for uploading pre-made YSMenu, so there is no real reason not to anymore.

12. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

So Yasu has stopped working on his amazing YSMenu?
    [me=Stanley Richards]grabs his shotgun and gets ready to kill some people.[/me]

13. LuckyTrouble77

He stopped working on it ages ago. Why do you think the last official update was March last year?

14. XerohKanoe

XerohKanoe Member

*smashes head into desk multiple times* I did more research into R4s(specifically; the different kinds) and YSMenu...turns out YSMenu doesn't work on R4 SDHC...which is what I have...

15. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

man run it as .nds file and it will work fine.

16. XerohKanoe

XerohKanoe Member

Naw...figured out that because the SDHC is a clone, it can't run the firmware on the r4 site...I have to use the firmware from http://www.r4sdhc.com/down.asp ...I'm still downloading it so I haven't had a chance to test it just yet though.

17. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

i have the same cart as yours and for the last time ysmenu works on r4sdhc if you run as a .nds file,do not use 1.34 kernell cause it has r4 pandora included and ysmenu wont work if u use it with pandora,use this firmeware 1.25 http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/R4SDHC_v1.25_English.zip

18. XerohKanoe

XerohKanoe Member

I've tried YSMenu, pretty much building it myself, but for some reason it didn't give me a very necessary file. So I'm going to try this before I try YSMenu again.

19. LuckyTrouble77

Build it in file browser(?) mode to get the .nds file to go with it. Otherwise it won't work right due to the fact that YSMenu has to be activated via .nds file.

20. XerohKanoe

XerohKanoe Member

^_^; It's all good. I got it working again. Thanks for taking the time out to help. I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to the technical stuff like this. If anyone knows a good site to teach this sorta stuff, pleas tell me.