1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Starter Pokemon Type

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by miros, Mar 17, 2010.

1. miros

miros Well-Known Member

When I am playing through a Pokemon game for the first time I always choose the water type. What do you pick?
    miros

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I usually pick whoever is stronger against the first few gym leaders. In SS i picked Cyndaquil since his evolutions look cool.

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I'm getting bored of the whole fire, grass and water thing. They should change it to something like dark, psychic and fighting.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I usually pick fire because there's hardly any fire pokemon throughout the entire game. And of course, the times I need a fire type, I don't have one. Bugsy, Jasmine and Pryce are EASY to take down with Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion.

Water is easy to get because you have Gyarados, Tentacruel, Quagsire, and whatever else you can fish up.
    Grass is pretty much a waste, even in the competitive realm. I usually let them have CUT since all they can do are grass type moves (and maybe poison).

5. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

I go with whoever looks the coolest over all. Like Charmander in 1st gen Cyndaquil in 2nd gen Eh im not a fan of the 3rd gen but i kinda liked Mudkip, 4th gen was kinda of a let down but it was problably Turtwig

6. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Same.... I go with what they liik like.... Squirtle for 1st gen, Cyndaquil on 2nd, Torchic on 3ed, and Turtwig on 4th....

7. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

starters at johto was the worst >_<

8. .personified

.personified Member

i almost always go with water pokemon because i find its harder to find a good water pokemon early in the game, you always have to wait for the good/super rod or surf

9. Captivate

Captivate Member

I usually pick Fire, but there have been instances where I have picked otherwise.
    Emerald -> Mudkip :)
    HeartGold -> Chikorita (I'm competing against my friend and he called "Cyndaquil" first so...)

10. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Depends on how early...Earlier than an Old Rod, then yeah, but as soon as you get that, you have yourself a Gyarados. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to raise, but so is an Abra, and both end up being very useful later on.

11. .personified

.personified Member

I guess thats true, maybe when I play SS/HG again I will start with Cyndaquil

12. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

I now days use no starter pokemons

13. jaimyinthahouse

jaimyinthahouse Well-Known Member

i think you meen magikarp ;O

14. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I use Water or Fire.
    Depends on Pokemon.

Agreed.

15. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

My thoughts EXACTLY!

16. vince995

vince995 Well-Known Member

FIRE TYPE WOULD BE GREAT

17. bellsarc

bellsarc Well-Known Member

I love grass they can get so powerful

18. yeye_marielle

yeye_marielle New Member

I usually pick randomly, since all three will get stronger when they evolve.

19. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

usually i pick fire but sometimes i pick others
    emerald treeko
    platinum turtwig

20. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I want them to change the 3 starters for the next game.... It would be fun if it was Psychic/Fighting/Dark.... But then everyone would choose dark since its imune to psychic....