1. This forum is in read-only mode.

start up Sonic & sega all stars

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by stiertje, Jul 19, 2010.

1. stiertje

stiertje New Member

Hi ,

I'm having this start up problem on my son's nds with the game : sonic and sega all stars racing .When he tries to start up the game , it's stops loading after 1,5 seconds and he get's this message : load rom error=-4 , please reset system.
    same problem happens when starting up toy story 3.
    The card in his ds is a r4i card.
    Does anybody know what this problem is ?
    I've tried downloading several s.a.s.a.s.r games from different servers.

greetz

2. stiertje

stiertje New Member

doesnt anybody know what to do about this problem ??????

3. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Try formatting the card. Make sure you back up all the data too.

4. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

anti piracy

5. baytech08

baytech08 Well-Known Member

Yeah, like dills2 said, those games were both well know to have anti-piracy built in.

6. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

No, I don't think that's how anti piracy usually work. They just freeze mid games, not while the game is starting up.

With that said, it happened on my DSTT too. I would transfer it onto my brothers R4(which had the official firmware on it) and it would run perfectly.

Right now, I'm not really sure if formatting your card would do you and good any more.

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

It is AP. And with the Toy Story 3 Game, it's DSi Enhanced. And the R4i is a crappy clone card.

8. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

there are many different kinds of ap

9. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it can be the AP, and/or your card is not updated with the latest firmware. download the firmare from the website provided on your box, it can also be found on the cart. if that doesnt work, get ysmenu. its an alternative firmware for clones that runs as a homebrew application

10. stiertje

stiertje New Member

i have the latest firmware on the R4i card , so i guess it must be the AP :(

11. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

get ysmenu, here is a link for a tutorial i made for ysmenu on clones http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0