1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Start hosting Java games

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by N3M351S, Jan 13, 2008.

1. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

I think you should start hosting mobile phone games to the RomUlation web-site. :)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think it is outside our remit, but Seph would have to make a judgement.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I have absolutely no knowledge on it, so it'd be hard to make a section for it. We have other things to focus on at the moment.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can just go to getjar.com and download stuff there. And if there was a Java game section here, that would change this site from Romulation to Downulation or something. I think.

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

come on this is a ROM / ISO site, ROMS! not bloody games in general

6. anandjones

What Almo said.

7. N3M351S

Site sugestion's thats all, stop crying Almo!
    yes I am aware or various other sites hosting java games. :eek:

8. Seph

It's a valid suggestion indeed, but it's also valid opinions people state.

9. N3M351S

Yes your right, Other people's opinions are valid ;D but what I can sugest is changing the colour scheme of the site

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

a new theme was added not long ago, though i dont like it at all so i use the old theme anyway

11. Seph

That theme was removed again as it proved too flawed. Though, I think he meant the theme on the main site. Not that we can simply just change that, none of us are good at graphics so we have to hire graphics artists to create themes.

12. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Subsite! Subsite! Subsite! (and revenue ofcourse).

I do believe it is a valid option. Java games are small, yet very popular. Find a proper source, have the space of a psx iso and you have a site.

13. Seph

But it requires knowledge to create a proper site, it'll have to have which devices a game is compatible with, there's varying screen sizes etc. I wouldn't be able to do a half-arsed job, especially not if I'd want it to be popular.

14. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Release names look like:

Gameloft.Rise.of.Lost.Empires.v1.1.6.176x220.K750i.J2Me.Retail-NOKiApDA
    Sony.Pictures.God.Of.War.Betrayal.240x320.v1.4.62.S60v3.J2ME.Retail-BiNPDA

Compatibility is a matter of user feedback imo. Have users give their mobile phone type on registration and they have very little to worry about. Ofcourse there are problems, but non that cannot be overcome.

15. anandjones

Just about all phones are Java enabled these days, even my old as Nokia has java.

16. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Winterreise just said to get rid of that sig, and you brought it back again. :-X

17. anandjones

I made it smaller, see? He said it was too big, and I resized it. Even your sig is bigger than mine.

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ perhaps it was the animation which was annoying.

And im sure running a rom site is a full time position, i doubt seph has time to run a mobile java games site as well.

19. anandjones

Yeah, because he's too busy building his polar b- uh website.

20. Seph

No I have time, I'm good enough of a programmer to make sure things run mostly automatically, I really only need to keep you guys in order, do some promotion and update the content with new ROMs.

I do plan on running more sites in the future, I haven't decided if this is an area I want to be in though.