1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Stardust accelerator error... (R4ds)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tigerkun07, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

Ok, so im not new to the R4, ive been using dslazy to swap the arm7.bin when i need to... but for some reason i cant get this one to work... ive tried several different downloads... as well as i tried without swaping the arm7, i get the "cant read card" error, then i did with the swap and i get a completely black screen, but after waiting say 20 seconds i can hear the game playing... but no video.

so can anyone help me out? i have the newest kernel update, i tried japanese, european, and usa and none worked with or without the arm 7 swap... all my other games are working fine.

any ideas?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try using an ARM7 binary from other games that you know work well on your R4.

3. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

not to sound retarded... but ive never done that before, how would that work? just copy it from a rom i have previously downloaded? like elektroplankton since its an old one?

4. anandjones

No. A ROM that already works on your R4, or you know worked on it in the past. Use binaries from different games. Also, are you using the latest firmware for your type of R4?

5. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

i believe so. you can just download it on the r4 site, am i right?

6. anandjones

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/ Much better alternative :)

7. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

yeah i have the newest update, now, i tried copying the arm7 from elektroplankton (since ive had it and used it before...) and i cant just copy it and paste it using dslazy... or can i?

8. anandjones

Yes. Unpack the ROM with DSLazy, copy the binary file over, unpack the Stardust ROM, paste and replace, repack into a ROM.

9. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

sorry if i sound stupid... but what do you mean binary file? just the arm7.bin right? cause i tried, and it wouldnt let me... like, i copied from elektroplankton, then i deleted the crappy arm7 from stardust, hit paste, and nothing would paste.

10. anandjones

The ARM7.bin or binary yes. Why not? You do not need to delete the file, just copy and overwrite since they're named the same. You said you did ARM7 before?

11. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

well i usually just deleted it... but ill try again real fast.
    Post Merge: [time]1244861725[/time]
    now, it showed up as arm7- copy.bin is that ok?
    Post Merge: [time]1244858211[/time]
    and should i delete the old arm7 since it remains there
    Post Merge: [time]1244855651[/time]
    OH MAN! lol, got it to work! thanks for all your help man. i just had to remove the "-copy" outa its title, lol. sorry for soaking up to much of your time. keep doing what you do best good sir!

12. anandjones

You're welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.