1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Alliance

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tracey_raye, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracey_raye

tracey_raye Active Member

This game freezes, if anyone has been able to get it working how did you do it?

Thanks
    Tracey

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you using an Emulator or a Flashcart. And what type?

When does it freeze?

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,1736.0.html

3. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

well its freezing for me after you press start. i am using an r4ds nonsdhc with a 1gig tf card and version 1.18 firmware. i have tried the arm7 patch with no positive results any help would be great

4. TirithRR

I just downloaded it and tried it with NO$GBA 2.6a

I got the same thing. It just goes to a black screen after pressing "start" on a new game.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

He's running it on a flashcart, not an emulator Tirith. Backup your data and reformat your MicroSD. What brand is your MicroSD?

6. TirithRR

Ya, but I figured it'd be a good indication of a possible issue if it worked on an Emulator but not a Flashcart, or if it didn't work on an Emulator or a Flashcarts.

It's not a solution, just more information to have available.

7. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

sandisc? i think

8. tracey_raye

tracey_raye Active Member

I'm not sure how but tried playing it again (waited for the intro this time) and it worked fine. I'm using r4III. 3.06..... but got stuck after watching the movie scene after pressing start..... any ideas would be very much welcome ;D

Tracey

9. anandjones

Could just be your MicroSD was acting up. You should backup and reformat it anyway.

10. kittymat

kittymat Member

Nope this game causes problems on a lot of flashcarts, I believe there is a work around try looking at gbatemp.net

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list#2901-3000

Apparently there is a fix at the above link, however I have an M3 Real and it works fine

11. anandjones

Well it's working now anyway.

12. dexweb

dexweb New Member

How did you get this to work with the R4sdhc? - I have tried to patch the arm7 and the game will not even play the intro. When I revert to the original rom, I get the same problem as everyone else, get past the intro, hit start and then a black screen.

Any help would be really appreciated.

13. gwydion01

gwydion01 Member

Most of the Cyclo/Edge and R4 kids are still having issues. Looks like we're just going to have to wait for updated firmware.

14. anandjones

Unlikely with R4.

15. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

mine freezes too except it freezes after the intro rather than when you press start

16. crlyworley

crlyworley New Member

this was a surprise to find.

Last firmware update was 9-25-08
    they are at www.r4team.com

Give them some time.

17. anandjones

Unofficial firmware, you know that right? The original site used to be http://www.r4ds.com/ or net.

18. sasvision1969

sasvision1969 New Member

I have just downloaded Star-wars the Clone Wars and it works- Using a N5 Ds cart with 2Gb using Kernel V1.24.
    Played for 20 Min's, no Lag in screen time . The stylus is crap for directional control pity really, but it all works. Good news for all those with N5 Carts.
    ;D

19. actiondanuk

actiondanuk New Member

It wont let me download the new update. As it is asking for a password and login. Any ideas?

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Until it bricks your DS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.