1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Star Ocean: the 2nd Story GS codes won't work

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omgwut, Apr 24, 2010.

1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I tried using GameShark codes on Star Ocean: the 2nd Story, but the cheats won't work. I got the codes from Codetwink, and it turns out that I'm supposed to use the Enable Code to have the codes to work. When I activated my Enable Code, my game won't start. Turns out the code "C1000000 0000" in the enable code is what that's preventing the game from starting. When I got rid of that code, the cheats won't work. So I got rid of the Enable Code and used japanese cheats. It made my game freeze and show a text that said something about the "Item data" when I get into a battle (and I'm using the japanese money cheat code only).

Facts:
    -US PSX w/mod chip
    -downloaded the Star Ocean ISO from this site, and used the european server to download (the only server to download)
    -playing the US version
    -here's what my game enhancer kinda look like:
    [​IMG]
    Except it's in chinese and it's called "Gold Finger", a GameShark Ripoff that uses GS ver2.0 codes ONLY.
    -Not a PAL, since I got it from THIS SITE ONLY.

Anyone know the problem and how to get my codes working?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Is this the first ripped game you've attempted to run on your PS1? Also, is your PS1 modded (mod chip)? If not, that will cause issues all on its own. Otherwise, I've never used a modded PS1, mine broke before I could do anything with it.

3. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Re: Star Ocean: the 2nd Story GS codes won\'t work

whoops. forgot to mention that. Yes, my PS1 has a mod chip.
    Post Merge: [time]1272129020[/time]
    BTW what's strange is that the Infinite MP usage cheat works.

4. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Re: Star Ocean: the 2nd Story GS codes won\\\'t work

oh god I just used a cheat that's supposed to prevent my money from decreasing and the NPCs in my game starts tripping out.... Is the ISO here european and not US?
    Post Merge: [time]1272174679[/time]
    bump.
    Post Merge: [time]1272240788[/time]
    bump again.

So NOBODY KNOWS THE REASON WHY?

5. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

BUMP DAMMIT