1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Standalone Emulation

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by richardrahl, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardrahl

richardrahl New Member

Looking around briefly, I could find nothing on Google that fit what I was searching for.

But basically, I would like to find a way to combine one rom, and a emulator (Namely Snes9x) into one .exe file, while keeping the functionality of the emulator (except loading different games :p)

Its just something that I think would be useful for a simple easy way to play roms ((its not that I am not fine with using a normal emulator, I just feel that would be a cooler way to do so. :p))

It would also make distributing a single rom to anther person a lot more hassle free, on my end, and on his/her end.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

doubt that can be done, but dragging the rom file onto the exe usually opens the rom.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The emulators...depending on which, can work like a normal installed file.

Take pcsx2, if you get the installer binary all you know of it is there is an exe that activates the gui menu.

But overall it's like all the other emulators, just a bunch of folders that run one program, but most programs are like this anyway.

BUT if you just want them as one simple stand alone program like UMD gen (for editing psp iso data) I think...you might have to make one yourself.

It would makes things difficult to work with, considering those who know how the folders work can alter the program a bit more, like adding a bios or maybe save files.

4. richardrahl

richardrahl New Member

Yes, I know that, but I was thinking more like, you click it, and it starts the game. I really wonder if there is a way to patch the two together, and include the save information in the .exe as well. Thats really something to ponder upon. =\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.