1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Square Enix announces two new Chocobo games for DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Jul 9, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Square Enix has announced two new Chocobo games for DS. One of them is called Cid and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: Maze of Time DS+, which is a RPG type where you control Cid and Chocobo to explore dungeons and fighting enemies.

The second game is called Chocobo and the Magic Storybook: The Witch and the Girl and the Five Heroes, which is basically a sequel to Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, and has more minigames etc.

Looks like the most popular creature in Final Fantasy is getting more fame.

http://www.chocobo.com/

Source http://ds.qj.net/Square-Enix-announces-two-new-Chocobo-games-for-the-DS/pg/49/aid/121937

On a sidenote, John Martin sued Nintendo for their use of the touchscreen for Nintendo DS, for infringing on one of his patents. More info http://ds.qj.net/Nintendo-gets-lawsuit-over-the-DS-s-touchscreen-capability/pg/49/aid/121906

2. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Wohoo, the games' cute :d

3. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Hmm... seems fun, I will try them when they come out.

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yet another Pokemon Mystery dungeon rip-off and a sequel to the world's crappiest game! Oh joy ::)

5. anandjones

Chocobo Tales wasn't so bad, the quests and minigames were good.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I hated it, it was so cheesy ::) It ruined my liking of chocobo's :(

7. yukisakura

yukisakura Active Member

the chocobo tales i didn't like it especially when you have to go leaf jumping.

I think chocobo first started the dungeon exploring if i'm not wrong it was in ps called chocobo mystery dungeon.

8. anandjones

Well, I got stuck on a part for a while. It's sort of hard, so I guess that's why you didn't like it.

9. yukisakura

yukisakura Active Member

yar especially you get to see the ai get there first even though the mode is easy.

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

If i'm right there is already a rip-off of pokemon mystery dungeon called Shiren the wanderer, this chocobo thing will do the same as that not the old one...

11. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series wasn't even the beginning of it - several games existed before it, featuring the same sort of gameplay. The only one I can think of that came out before it was the PSX Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon titles, but the entire genre is usually referred to as 'rogue-like games', giving me the implication that there a game a long while ago featuring this sort of gameplay mechanic.

I'll pick up the Mystery Dungeon again on the DS, even though it's going to essentially be a remake of the Wii title, featuring a different storyline focusing more in Cid, while keeping some of the same events. The gameplay is better suited for the DS, anyways.

The Chocobo Tale's sequel is probably going to have to wait, though - I really don't want to play more of those minigames, as some of them were ridiculously hard, and the card battling was somewhat shallow and isn't seen too often... I'll just pick it up when it's cheap XD