1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Spirit Tracks-Train Control not the problem...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zenthor, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenthor

zenthor Member

On my Acekard 1.4 Firmware, 1.51 loader, I can see/use the train controls fine, but shortly after that when Zelda first sees (and bows) to the princess, as he looks at her, it freezes (the music keeps playing). I tried using the patch but have the same problem.

A second question...
    From looking over close to 200 pages (!!) of post on this game, can someone give a simple answer to how it can work for some with the same card/software/rom and not for others? I have seen several post from people with the same card/software as me claiming it works perfect but others (including me) who says it does not. Its the same with the R4, but at least with that, I can better understand the description due to the many flavors of R4. 200 pages of "It works great!....No it dont!" is confusing.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

My friend, just read the first post of the AP topic please. Patch the game please!
    Or just post your question on that topic.

John 951 where are you when I need ya, I think he can help you further here (better then me!)

3. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

this game is fixed if you use AKAIO 1.5.1 and the latest loader

4. Jonez001

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ => to find it quicker ^^

5. zenthor

zenthor Member

I dont think the two replies above read my post. I DID try the patch...it did NOT help, it still freezes at same point. I think the patch only fixes the train control issues which I do not have. I also am using the 1.51 loader...it did not help ( I also tried using the two previous loaders). Again, this proves my point. There are countless people that say 'It works!!!"....and countless more that say "It does NOT", even having tried all suggestions. Look, if you do not believe this is a mystery, then you must explain why there is well over 100 pages of replies here, countless YouTube videos with half saying 'It works! and half saying 'It does NOT work'...and google other places. Same thing. I am just going to give the protection programmers credit for this one...they got the 1/2 the crackers by the balls this time.

6. Jonez001

Send a PM to John 951!
    He is better in this then me!

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The game works clean on AKAIO 1.5.1
    Freezing can be caused by slow MicroSDs.
    Backup your files, format your MicroSD, and start fresh with an unpatched rom.

The reason for the 100 pages and countless youtube comments is simple, there are lots of people out there that cannot follow directions, and there are lots of poor quality flashcarts out there. Including a dozen or so with the R4 name. And everyone with an R4 clone calls their card an R4, regardless of it's real name.

8. Jonez001

Thanks, that is good information. I think this will work!
    So a PM to John951 isn't needed!

Which kind of microSDs are slow TirithRR? To let people know with the same problem! That they know when they have this problem because of a slow microSD!!

9. TirithRR

Kingston and Sandisk are good brands. They are rated on speed (Class 1, 2, 3, 4, I believe). Higher class = faster read/write speed. Freezes tend to happen during screen transitions, cutscene beginnings/ends, etc.

10. zenthor

zenthor Member

Thanks for the reply TirithRR....I have suspected it could be slow memory. There is a huge speed difference in different types of memory. For example, on my PSP I bought an 8gig Sony and a 8gig Scandisk. Both were bought from Amazon so I hope you can rule out fake memory. Anyway, I used a flash drive speed test and the Scandisk was around 40% slower then the Sony. On my DSI, it is a Scandisk 4gig, so, this could be my problem. I am not sure if Scandisk is slow on all their memory...will need to look into it. The test app I used was called flash memory toolkit.
    And yes, I agree, part of the reason there are 100's of conflicting views on this is that many do not know how to follow directions. For example, the rename thing on the patch seems to have stopped many. I have worked for 15 years in the IT field so I feel I am above average on tech knowledge, but have also seen that 90% of computer problems are caused by the PEBCAC issue.

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but i have no info over an acekard...

Jonez001 , if anyone need help with some R4's then i can help!

If you need to patch the rom it self then

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=28754.msg547059#msg547059

12. quaboplafon24

quaboplafon24 New Member

oooooo i need help for an r4 spirit tracks please help me John!!!

13. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.msg466427#msg466427

14. Jonez001

Again a problem solved! Good Job Jhon 591!

15. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

I'm playing the game on a clean ROM with Acekard 2i AKIO 1.5.1
    I also use cheats from time to time and I've finished
    Chapter 10 without any problems.

The only problem I sometimes have is when I start the game up it somtetimes
    keeps saying savedata corrupted then I turn my DS off
    and I start it up again and I change the savefile type from 4M to 512K
    and I can play agiain from where I was.

16. TirithRR

Did you start playing before upgrading to AKAIO 1.5.1?
    AKAIO 1.5 made a 512K save file for the game. AKAIO 1.5.1 by default refuses to use the 512K save file and instead requires 1MB.

So AKAIO 1.5.1 will tell you the old save file is corrupted unless you force the save file in the settings to 512K (But it can cause problems later in the game if your save file gets beyond that 512K size).

17. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Yes I start playing zelda with AKIO 1.5 and yes it tells me from time to time but I set the gamesave
    setting at 512 and I still have no problems with the game yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.