1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Spirit Tracks Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by stuff64, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

When I click cheats on spirit tracks, it says rebuilding cheat file. It goes a little less than half and stops. I know the game didn't freeze because the time on the top keeps going. This only happens when I use cheats.xml for my cheat database. I have tried reformatting my memory card and it still does this. Can anyone help?

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

3. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Are you using a patched rom? 'Cause the cheats won't work with a patched rom.

4. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

I have an Acekard 2i with 1.5 AKIAO and I am using the rom from https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=28754.0 so I guess it is patched. Is the regular version from the downloads page fixed?

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Are you sure the Game ID was not changed with the patched rom, LOL!

From

Game ID BKIE 94771A5D - unpatched rom

To

Game ID BKIE 85AD4456 - patch or pre-patched rom

6. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

I'm not sure but how do I check if it was?

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use R4CCE by Yasu (google it) to open your cheat database, find a game entry, and click the ... button next to where it says GameID to load the patched ROM. The GameID will then show. You can then save the changes.

8. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

I checked and it was BKIE 94771A5D. But if that was unpatched, how come the cheats don't work on it?

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The cheat file built for the clean ROM Game ID won't work for the patched ROM.
    Since you said you are using the patched ROM, you need to change the game ID to the game ID of the patched ROM. BKIE 85AD4456

Or since you are using AKAIO 1.5, I believe the latest loaders for AKAIO let this game play without patches.

10. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

How do i change the game ID and can someone give me a link to the latest loader?

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/ You can change the GameID in the database for the patched ROM using R4CCE like I said.

12. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

I downloaded the loader but am i supposed to put it in ak2loader or loaders? The cheats work now, but most don't. Is there a fix for this too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.