1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Specific Game Question : Syphon Filter : PSx

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheWarzone1, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWarzone1

TheWarzone1 Member

Just wondering if someone could check this game for me. I read a few of the comments and people are saying it's not working. I'm stuck on dialup so i don't wanna download a game for 6 hours to find out it doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. TheWarzone1

TheWarzone1 Member

Any help on this please? Perhaps an admin could check it?

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just download it and test it. The extreme vast majority of the games here are good dumps. There is maybe 1 out of the hundreds of thousands that might be bad. Don't trust game comments, it's usually random people who don't know how to work things complaining.

Use a download manager like FlashGet to avoid corrupted downloads and you will be fine.
    www.flashget.com

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I agree with Tirith,
    If you have some problem with Flashget, you can try either Orbit Downloader or Free Download Manager.
    But, if there is a problem with the game, just post it here, and we'll try to help you out.

5. TheWarzone1

TheWarzone1 Member

i have DownThemAll installed but i've never really used it for bigger files (remember i'm on dialup here).
    I've tried flashget before but i couldn't figure out how to use it. Which would you say is better?

Since i already have a topic going here i won't make another and just ask my next question here...
    I used to be able to run ePSXe with no problems. Now it seems it wont run at all in full screen mode, but runs fine in a window. Could this be a problem in the settings? I've tried different plugins and they all work fine in a window. But when i try switching to full screen it always freezes.
    It used to run fine.

I'm using ePSXe 1.7.0
    On a side note, i've noticed my computer takes about 10 minutes to shut down, a lot longer than it used to. Could my processor be fried? Would that effect it playing full screen?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your computer taking too long to shut down is likely caused by software problems. Your system is trying to end all processes. Either one or more aren't responding, or take a lot of time to close down. You may want to try and clean your computer, if it's loaded with unnecessary programs and other things it will slow it down. Defragmenting your Hard Drive is also a good idea.

Start by going through your Control Panel, and going to "Add/Remove Programs" and uninstall any old programs that you may not use anymore.
    Then you should Defragment your computer. I use Diskeeper. You can get a 30 day trial http://download.cnet.com/Diskeeper/3000-2094_4-10023645.html

7. TheWarzone1

TheWarzone1 Member

i found the problem. had a bunch of corrupt drivers. dang little kids can't leave stuff alone.
    just did a complete reboot. figured it would be easier. all works fine now. shuts down in seconds.
    just gotta try this game out. i'll let you know if it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.