1. This forum is in read-only mode.

South African rap cool or just plain weird?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stirgo1212, Mar 10, 2010.

?

South African rap cool or just weird?

1. Cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Weird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

2. RenaldoTT

RenaldoTT Well-Known Member

well I've watched one so far and It's pretty strange, not your typical rap, and I only understood a couple words, but that's normal since i'm not from south africa, the chorus is interesting, the girl looks weird, the guys is weirderer and the edits is freaky, so I'll stick at cool because it's different

3. poptrunk

poptrunk Member

i peeped the middle link.. pretty funny looks like a gay meth head, even more so than lil wayne or all the american pop artist.
    misleading putting rap in title since rap died around year 2000

4. RenaldoTT

na rap isn't dead just has taken other forms.... still have rap out there... and wayne don't rap mostly that's hip hop.... his real songs are the ones people don't listen to... those hyped out songs I don't give credit to.... but still I don't understand why ppl saying rap is dead <<< someone explain that phrase

5. poptrunk

poptrunk Member

rap is dead cuz they all playing for this "club" music which i dont even consider hip hop.. hip hop to me is the 80's stuff.
    pop is all i can classify the modern stuff as :-/

6. RenaldoTT

alrighty then... by that definition alone... RAP isn't dead sorry lol

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The Enter The Ninja video has something that immediately reminds me of Aphex Twin's Rubber Johnny.

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

It just reminded me.

I can't say much about the music besides I hate it more than rap here.

8. RenaldoTT

so people says the alien thing is a real person... with a genetic condition....

9. stirgo1212

Naah, just decent photoshopping. Sony Vegas pro lets you do this effect i think.

10. RenaldoTT

well if they photoshoping big head they could of also put descent abbs on the fellas steups

11. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

It's called Progeria, I believe. Though do correct me if I'm wrong.

12. RenaldoTT

well that's what they are claiming it to be... the other guy said photoshop... but the photoshop idea has flaws, and I've seen the pics of other people with the disease... but usually when you're making a vid unless the purpose is to show people with specific genetic conditions you tend to keep them out of it; not the case, apparently he's the DJ idk

13. mass09

mass09 Active Member

His name is Leon Botha, check his site : http://www.leonbotha.com/
    He's a well known artist in Cape Town, and a progeria survivor. He's not the DJ, that would be DJ Hi-Tek.

14. RenaldoTT

so what's his purpose in the vid then?

15. stirgo1212

being strange

16. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Lmao
    I'm South African and yeah That's "Die antwoord" (The Answer)
    They are pretty big here. So is Jack Parow.
    People play his music in clubs all over.
    Post Merge: [time]1281370179[/time]
    The most famous part of Jack Parow's lyrics is "jou meisie het a foto van my piel op ha space case" which loosely translates to "Your girlfriend has a picture of my dick on her space case" A Space Case is a Pencil and Coloring pencil holder in the shape of a rectangle which we use in Primary school which is why it's so fucked up we love it.

17. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Lol. That guy still has parents.