1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sound/Music Problems with "Ridge Racer [U] [SCUS-94300]"

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Shockwav3, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Shockwav3

Shockwav3 Member

Tracks 7-14 seem to be grabled on that release.
    I'm not completly sure if it's "just" an emulator issue, as I get the fucked up sound with pSX 1.13 and no CD Audio in epsxe at all (it's not my emulator of choice anyways). Xebra I haven't tested yet, but I suppose it to act the same as pSX.
    Later Tracks are either normal ingame music or the (fag of an) announcer babbling, instead I just get a bunch of high pitched noises.

Would be cool if someone could get some light into the dark for me.

EDIT: Just tried Xebra which doesn't seem to get along with the CloneCD Format and won't start the Image off the cuesheet.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its the emulator configuration, you need to play around with plugins and plugin settings until you get it to work.

3. Shockwav3

Shockwav3 Member

pSX doesn't have a plugin system and the game is listed as working on the quite detailed compatibility list.
    ePSXe I haven't bothered too much with, as the 3 Plugins (Eternal, Andy, Peops) I've tried didn't exactly change anything.

When playing those tracks from the mounted image via Winamp I get exactly the same junk, even tho those tracks are marked as "Audio" in the cuesheet.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

winamp doesn't like mounted images, I've had problems with it before.

5. Shockwav3

Shockwav3 Member

Okay, the release on this site is definitely bad I'm afraid.
    I've obtained another ISO of the very same release of the game and it doesn't have those issues neither in the emulator, nor in winamp.