1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Soul Silver working on Akaio 1.6 RC1, but not Heart Gold!? (NOT an AP thread)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by malachite125, Mar 21, 2010.

1. malachite125

malachite125 Active Member

When Heart Gold was first leaked, I tried it on one of the older firmware variations. After hearing that upgrading stops the AP (since I was obviously experiencing the freezing), I upgraded my Akaio to version 1.6 RC1. When I booted it up, I couldn't (and still can't) play Heart Gold, even though it was working on the older firmware (you know, with the freezes; now, it just stops on the "Loading" screen). I tried Soul Silver, which was also having problems with the old firmware, and it works 100% fine, no problems at all. Why is it that one works, and not the other? I even tried re-downloading the firmware/the rom for HG, but to no avail. Is there something wrong with my Acekard, did I do something wrong, or is there something wrong with the actual rom that was dumped on the site? I'm guessing it isn't the latter, since a few of my friends don't have any problems with the game.
    Has anyone had/heard of/have a solution to this problem?
    Post Merge: [time]1269190704[/time]
    Still no luck. Help, anyone? D:

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

That is very strange to me because when I upgraded my AKAIO 1.5 to 1.6 RC1, I did/do not have any problems with either HeartGold or SoulSilver. I have not encountered and technical problems such as lagging, freezing, saving problems, loading problems, or anything, granted I have only played about 1.5 hours on each game. I only get my NDS roms from RomUlation because of the fact that every single game has worked perfectly so far. If you want I can tell you how I set up my AKAIO firmware, just let me know. Best of luck,
    miros

3. theblues

theblues Well-Known Member

i have akaio 1.5 and I am so used to it i dont want to switch, but when i play pokemon ss and hg the sound works, but the screen is a blank white screen. is there a fix for it??
    ....i dont get it how does the sound work perfectly fine but not the screen?

4. EJames2100

EJames2100 Active Member

Just got my Acekard, put AKAIO 1.6RC1 on it and HG works fine.
    All my settings was set to default :/

Also it is the copy of HG I downloaded from here.

5. ShinigamiTensei

ShinigamiTensei New Member

Try re-downloading Heart Gold. Also, make sure that your mini-SD card is inserted fully.

6. thhorde

thhorde Member

it works for me... explain. what settings do u have, etc.

7. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Playing Heart Gold since I downloaded and only had one black screen before updating to 1.6RC1. Now it works flawlessly.