1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Soul Silver (U) help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by The Unwanted, Mar 16, 2010.

1. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Member

Whilst I understand why you do not want anymore Pokemon related questions, I simply need some help and do not see why I should be penalized (Via ban) for being someone that does not understand the inner workings of the Rom world.

Now, I have been keeping tabs on the Pokemon: Soul Silver/Heart Gold (U) discussion thread, and people everywhere are saying that the games run perfectly on AceKard2i with the AKAIO 1.6RC1 firmware. Now, I HAVE this software and card, yet, it still freezes when I am playing it. (Because of the Anti-Piracy obviously.)

Obviously, I can only assume I am doing something wrong with my cart or ROM because I've asked 2 people for advice on this, and have been ignored by both (One of which was a Technical Help Mod), so obviously everyone is pissed off over the fact that people are complaining about the ROM, and cannot be bothered replying to ANOTHER Pokemon player wanting some help.

But, I just want some help, is that so bad? I mean, I would like to enjoy the game properly instead of having to save after every little thing in fear of the game freezing up on me a second later.

Rom: Pokemon SoulSilver (U) (Xenophobia) #4749 (Downloaded from Romulation)

Card: AceKard2i

Firmware: AKAIO 1.6RC1

(Whilst I have no idea if this will help)

Default Patch options:

DS Download Play - Enabled
    Soft Reset - Enabled
    Cheat Code Usage - Disabled
    Autorun - Disabled
    Select Cheat Database - USRCHEAT.DAT
    Homebrew Reset Type - IRQ Hook

I really hope someone helps me... I mean... I just wanna play the game, ya know?

(And again, I do understand if you ban me, but I just don't see the point in banning me for needing help, please don't take your rage over people complaining out on me.)

2. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

Are you playing the raw game dump? Not patched or anything?

3. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Member

Completely unpatched. The one Romulation had available on their site for a short time before removing it.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Weird, i use an Acekard and akaio 1.6 and i haven't had any freezing yet.

Although both my brother and my friend had their games freeze, same type of flashcard, same firmware.

Tis a weird AP

5. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

Try downloading it from a different source, otherwise I am afraid I can't help you.

6. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I'd say that this is a legitimate thread, simply because it contradicts what data we do have on it. Try redownloading the file is all I can say, and work from there. Maybe try turning off Soft Reset. You may have had a non-scene dump or something to that effect, or maybe your AceKard is a fake.

7. Andypanda169

Andypanda169 Well-Known Member

Is possible, but before that is considered, you should go through the motions.

Backup all games/game data on your comp, format the micro sd, redownload the firmware and put your games and that firmware back onto your stick, then give it another try

Also worth trying using another source for the rom too (as Suiseiseki/Saddamsdevil said)

8. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Member

Understood, I don't have the time tonight, but first thing in the morning i'll do it all and get back to you all on the results. Thanks for the help guys. Here's hoping it works.

Also, I am unsure about the AceKard, I mean, I checked it out and compared it to what the website shown with the casing, and the insides from what I can see (Fear of breaking it is stopping me from dissecting it >_>). But I mean, all the AKIAO firmware works fine on it, and every other game i've played plays perfectly. I should also mention, the Heroes of Might and Magic game with Anti-Piracy on it runs fine with no patching. So I am now thinking that it may be a bad source file I downloaded, dunno why I didn't try that first. >_>

Like I said, i'll test everything tomorrow, I have WAY too much homework tonight. ^_^
    Post Merge: [time]1268754761[/time]
    Okay, I now have an update. I did everything you told me to do, formatted the Micro SD, Re-downloaded the firmware, downloaded Soul Silver from a new source (And renamed my old save file) and I am glad to say that after 20 Mins of gameplay (I know it's not THAT much but it's 2:30 AM guys. >_>) which involved a Gym Battle, 2 Battles against my rival (both lost) and walking in and out of a building for 5 Mins straight to test it, I have seen absolutely no freezes.

I personally am looking up, and am going to believe the problem has been fixed. If it persists and I encounter any freezes in the future, i'll let you all know.

Thank you all for the help. Sincerely, i've been looking forward to this game (And a relive of my childhood, lol) for a long while.
    Post Merge: [time]1268785910[/time]
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Hoping these are anti merge smileys. >_>)

Okay, so, after playing for a longer time period. The game froze after 24 Mins of gameplay, and then when I tried it with Soft Reset Disabled, it lasted exactly 60 Mins before freezing... hmmm, I wonder if anything needs changing. Could it maybe be the DS Download Play? Because they were talking about the Wifi not working entirely.

Anyhow, if no one has any advice or a test they want me to run, I suppose i'll just have to play all paranoid like until a patch is released, I mean, people are still working on it right? If not lemme know so I can save some cash up to buy it when it comes out in AU.

9. sylar1000

Try disabling soft reset?

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Bad assumption is bad. Read the common issues thread on freezes: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1462.0

11. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Member

I did, I stated in my second edit I turned off Soft Reset and it lasted 60 Mins before freezing.

Ah, sorry, I didn't see the freezing heading in that while reading through that yesterday, I suppose I could try removing a game or two from it to see if it might speed up. Cause I DID format the card yesterday night. I just simply assumed it was the AP because of everyone else having trouble with it.

I'll remove some files, try again, and should I turn off the DS Download Play just in case?

12. sylar1000

Ah, sorry, i didn't see the part about disabling soft reset.

13. sonic master

sonic master New Member

I have the old version of the Acekard 2i Firmware and it works perfectly for me .....try patching it

14. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Member

Patching it? You mean the rom? I don't believe a working has been completed yet. >_>

I've removed filed, gonna try it again with about 150 Mb's of space, if it still freezes, i'll take away Download Play and try again. If there are STILL freezes, i'm willing to take anymore advice anyone has, and I will prolly download HeartGold to see if it freezes on that one too. Just as another Rom test.

15. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Try the AR code?

16. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

AR code only works for NOGBA.

17. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

I never had trouble either and i have unpatched version of soul sliver and unchanged akaio 1.6 loader so maybe you should just take all the games off your card and format it and redownload the akaio loader and put the games back in the card. this will probably delete any problems. Probably

18. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Member

I've allready tried doing that, and it didn't work. *sigh*

I'm gonna try downloading a Heart Gold copy and see if that does anything different. Not to mention see if I can try another Soul Silver rom source. Where did you get yours if it's working fine?
    Post Merge: [time]1268796261[/time]
    Also, I heard a rumor that the Anti Piracy can corrupt your save file, is this correct? Cause i've been using my save file simply because I didn't wanna lose the data. >_>

19. modziirkylla

modziirkylla New Member

I never had trouble.

20. The Unwanted

The Unwanted Member

Well, I also tried Heart Gold, just got past the 1st Gym and on my way outta the city it froze, exactly at 60 Mins again. Since no one can figure out what the hell is going on with it, I suppose i'll just have to keep playing this, saving after every action, until either a real working patch comes out or I try the next AKAIO update, whatever comes first. >_>