1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Soul Silver Freezes on R4i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Evach Rouro, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

Ok, I've been searching here and there for a solution to this problem. So I'm going to make a new topic on this. Here's my info:
    R4i v1.17b (what else do I need?)

The actual problem: I play SoulSilver on R4i. I play the game and it will freeze at what appears to be any random time. THis means for me: I play and the screen goes black, but continues to play sound. I stay in one position but slide around instead of running, then freeze and NOT go black w/ and w/o sound working. Running, then randomly freeze.
    This happens at any given time:
    Saving
    Entering/leaving building
    Middle of battle
    Even while I'm just standing there

I have two other friends searching for a solution to this problem. One of them says this happens after a certain amount of events occuring in game. The other-as lost as I am(only he understands terms unlike me).

On one thread, I found it said if you downloaded the v2.6f it would work. So I did, at least, I think I did, I have trouble updating my R4i. How do I do it?? I need someone to tell me in terms I can understand, being a person who doesn't know much about these things. Ok I'm done the text box is messing up if you need more info please let me know. I just need a direct, Step-by-step instructions on what to do. I can give you any information about my r4i that you need.
    Post Merge: [time]1268529509[/time]
    ..adding onto topic...
    I found in another thread that dropping the files of an update into your R4i uh, "root" i believe is the correct term, is how you update it. This means that I did update my r4i to v2.6f and it still doesn't work. But then it still says v1.17b.. What? Im confused.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'll just lock this since you are posting in other topics anyway.

Just because your card says R4i, doesn't mean it can use any R4i firmware. There is more than one R4i card, and you have to use the right firmware for them.

3. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

Re: Pokemon HeartGold - Random Freezes

Ok, I got my topic locked so I'm limited to replying on other topics... TirithRR you saw my topic, what should I do? I mean I thought I was supposed to make a topic but now that its locked...

4. TirithRR

Re: Re: Pokemon HeartGold - Random Freezes

I locked your other topic because you didn't bother using it and instead posted in every other topic.

If the firmware isn't built for your card, then it probably won't work for your card. Your R4i runs the 1.17b latest firmware. It's a different R4i than the one that runs the 2.6

2.6 R4i SDHC & RTS
    http://www.r4rts.cn/

1.17 R4i
    http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

They are two different cards, their firmwares likely do not work with the other.

5. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

So, what you're saying is.. It's not going to work for me?

6. TirithRR

Didn't you already try it, and say it didn't work?

7. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

Ok,ok im sorry. Is there any hope a new patch will come out and fix it?

8. TirithRR

Eventually, but one doesn't exist yet. It will probably come out some time after the game is actually released. Previous games have had waits of about a month before fixes were available.

9. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

Re: Pokemon HeartGold - Random Freezes

Ok, thanks for your help. I am very new to this stuff and know very little about it. THankfully I preordered HeartGold so, I still have that when it comes. TIme to break the news to my friend.

10. TirithRR

Sorry if I'm coming off as a little harsh. I'm trying not to be, just trying to keep all this under control, and keep the forums clean.

11. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

Yeah, I understand. I feel like i got a bit harsh too, but.. I've been kinda working on this all day lol. Oh well. wait what? what topic is this?

12. TirithRR

I move all the posts from the other topics into a single one.

13. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

Oh you unlocked it.. lol. thanks. Uh. Well I got what i need I'll stop cramming posts into the forums now.
    Post Merge: [time]1268531433[/time]
    Hey why does it say casual gamer under my name?

14. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's a rank based on your post count, it is for fun and meaningless, it will change as you post more on the forum but will bring no benefits.