1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Soul caliber psp-won't work on hacked psp :(

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok, I just bought a copy (with the intent on dumping and returning) and while I found guides on how to get it running, it seems it won't work.

When I try the auto patch method (premade script that does all hex editing and compresses it) the program has an app crash error-ciso seems to be faulting and is required to even start.

(ripkit method btw)

Then I did it manually-I got a hex editor and tried changing the "boot.bin" but I can't find the strings to edit.

I got lucky with a dreamcast bio's hex edit once before but because I'm only a rather basic user I could not locate the numbers...

These are the strings I need to edit.

And

I used "xvi32_231" to try it-unfortunatly I could not locate the txt to edit-nor the numbered adresses.

I tried taking out the "0x00" parts in my searches, and the program's search could not locate, so I went in manually...hour later I found simerlar numbers but not what I was required to change.

BTW-this soul caliber is an australian copy-it's the right file size "859GB" (900,923,392 bytes) and I dumped this myself to save download-the guides say an "uro" copy but I assumed sony just repackaged the euro one for Australia-it's id is "ULES 01298"

My net is too pathetic to bother with-especially today :(

PsP is a slim 2000-running 5.00m33v6-I tried these 2 as they keep saves working correctly-all other methods I'd rather not try (GEN b, removing memory card IND files, etc)

...what can I do here-I really want this game working-and I need to know asap-gotta return the game to re-coup $69 XD

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, I can't offer any help outside of linking you to the pspripkits topic, which judging by your quotes you already are reading.

Personally I am just waiting for a working 5.55+ Custom Firmware. (Preferably M33... but it seems Dark Alex is waiting for the PSP Go to come out before touching the scene again.)

3. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

I just buy PSP games. Piracy is too complicated on PSP. Soul Calibur Broken Destiny is awesome, by the way. It's just SCIV on PSP, without story mode or wi-fi multiplayer (only local).

4. TirithRR

Oh, and if you still have your TOOL Battery, you can just upgrade your PSP to OFW to play Soul Caliber, since you said you have the actual UMD. Then just revert back to CFW when finished.

And PSP backup playing isn't complicated, everything worked perfectly until they recently started adding the more advanced 5.55 firmware check to new games.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's what I did-problem is the local game (I am an australian) fails to work and can't be hex edited.

I lack the battery at the moment-thinking of getting one.

Hrm, might I also ask-must I use a tool battery just to go back to OFW or can I just update over it?

(I'm tempted to get a pre-patch cso file-but my net is limited still and I want to conserve unessacary downloads :( )

6. TirithRR

Yes, I believe you can just run the OFW update from your custom firmware without problems (I have never tried it, but I have read it). But in order to go back to CFW you'll have to use the TOOL battery. Since I'm sure if you update to anything beyond 5.55 there may not be a software exploit available to make the change to CFW without the battery.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Righty-o :)

(now to buy a dam battery off ebay)

Least with one I can try the other CFW's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.