1. This forum is in read-only mode.

sort by rating(stars)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rchuncleskeleton, Jul 7, 2009.

1. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

I think a very good idea would be to have an option to sort roms by how high they are rated, this way you can see the highest rated roms first if you wish, this would help a lot to see what the most popular and best games are.

I think the drop down menu should be User Ratings and the Second Part can have 1-5 for how many stars a rom is rated you could even have stars in place of just the numbers.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm an idiot.

2. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

they have stars, people just don't bother to rate games usually. You can also tell by how many downloads a game has. You can also check sites like IGN for reviews.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Correction:
    People cannot rate the games. It's been disabled until Seph changes some issues.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just saying...I have 2 suggestions...

1.Why don't we skip stars-ratings, it would save some space to do other things on the site right-if we leave comments in then we can post scores there, if we wished.

2.If not, how about making it so that an auto generated pm shall come in thru (OR SENT VIA EMAIL) and ask to rate the game, failure to rate could mean say...a week ban?

That way we get people to rate the games, the only thing is we have to take account people who somehow don't have the time...

My original suggestion was to force people to rate straight after a download, but of course, if they never played it, how can they arte, thus not suggested...

5. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Sorry....I'm not feeling it at all, I don't like your second idea at all. Banning people for not rating games? It doesn't take a genious to figure that banning people just for not rating is the most harshest thing I've ever heard. That would be very unfair to the downloader just because the downloader didn't rate a game.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I already know how I'm going to do ratings, that is not the issue, the issue is finding the time to get it done.