1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sorry if wrong section

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by billo09, Mar 15, 2010.

1. billo09

billo09 Active Member

Hi guyz i was wandering is there any thing i can download for the ds which will allow me to play online with wpa security and no i cant change it to wep etc.. thanks.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, the DS cannot accept WPA. You have to set up a WEP access point to use the DS online.

3. billo09

billo09 Active Member

its stupid really its not my router ya see it's me fiancee's mum's so its not for me to mess around with it i thought there might of been a tool or sumtin to use thanks anyway tirith ;)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It would be possible for nintendo to release a firmware upgrade that adds wpa encryption to the DS. They don't because they're stupid.

5. TirithRR

Maybe they are afraid that the firmware release would be cracked and someone would find out how to make custom firmware for the DS :)

6. billo09

billo09 Active Member

yea most prob, this is completely off topic but im using r4 original and always had 1.18 firmware now i found a website http://www.r4li.com/ and seen this has firmware to 1.24 for ds are they legit ?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no its for a different flashcard that uses the R4 name.

8. TirithRR

The R4li group did create firmware that works on the R4. They were nice and decided to help out those with the original R4.
    It is better than the 1.18 But I'm not sure how it compares to Ysmenu/DSTT 1.17a12 for the R4.

9. billo09

billo09 Active Member

ok well im using firmware 1.24 with ysmenu i aint got a clue about any of it but i dwnloaded it and installed anyway but if you could/know can you maybe tell me should i use Ysmenu/DSTT 1.17a12 or 1.24 ? and if you say Ysmenu/DSTT 1.17a12 can you post download link with instructions please mate ?

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I reckon it might be a complcated process for some people, unlike the dsi with updatable firmware the old ds doesn't have a download program...I'm no expert but nintendo might have another reason...other than the fact that the dsi does it (yet the games themselves lack wpa modes-that wi-fi settings menu is built into the games and they aren't compatible with wpa-though the settings are infact saved onto the ds as well)

11. billo09

billo09 Active Member

good point.. but you would think they could bring an update out for ds if its already enabled for dsi but you cant use to play online.. *confused*