1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SONY's BRAVIA 3D TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by teheezin, Apr 16, 2010.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Sooner or later.. SONY's gonna launch their new BRAVIA 3D TV.. overall it looks really cool and stuffs.. but the problem is do we really have to wear the 3D glasses all the time watching the TV? I mean.. if we wanna stop watching in 3D.. can't we just like off the 3D effects on the TV? I'm not sure whether the TV can do that, so what do you guys think?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I reckon we could, otherwise how'd we watch normal tv?

Unless all tv stations and even an n64 connected were suddenly given 3-D effects from the tv.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I personally hate 3D effects and HD...

I prefer the classic TV with non-HD channels and the sorts.

Could you give us a link please?

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You're able to watch 2D TV with a 3D TV.

I saw the Bravia TV in a Sony store a week ago, it was pretty crap compared to the Samsung one. The 3D glasses would readjust every 15 seconds (and make this shutter thing), but that could be just the lighting at the mall.

Also don't expect 3D upscaling right away.

5. teheezin

teheezin Guest

As far as I know, anything on the 3D TV's Screen can be displayed with 3D-effects.
    Hey Ace ! Long time no chat yah XD here's the link http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200909/09-099E/
    Hmm..I think Sony's gonna provide a firmware upgrade for the PS3 to have 3D effects too.. so maybe we just need to buy the 3D glasses and get a PS3 to play games in 3D

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, you need to buy the 3D TV to take advantage of the 3D update (which supposedly comes out in June sometime). Also the 3D glasses are around 200 dollars a pop so, yeah.

As of right now, all the companies that are releasing 3D TVs are making a huge profit off of early adopters. Considering that the profit margin on the 3DTVs and the 3D glasses are insane. A 3DTV will set you back a little more than 3000 dollars, it only cost 2000 dollars. The 3D glasses are also half price the retail price.

If you know someone who can take advantage of the price (ie someone who works at an electronics store) then you might consider getting a 3DTV (preferably the Samsung one, which is the best I've seen so far). But the glasses are still stupidly expensive.

7. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Why would you want a 3DTV? TV has never been good at immersion do you think 3D will improve bad TV?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Long time. ;)
    Thanks for the link Shiiro. :)

I don't see the point of it to be honest with you. I hate wearing glasses that I don't have to wear and 3D glasses are too uncomfortable, especially when I have to wear my glasses to see when wearing the 3D glasses...

Not just that, but 3D has never appealed to me...

9. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Nah.. I'm not really interested in it though.. just that my parents wanted it and I'm thinking it would be a huge advantage for me after I've gt my PS3.. just for fun XD and.. SONY did mention that the 3D glasses is made so tht even us who is wearing glasses can wear the 3D glasses with ease.. just slide it in with our glasses .. and I think it would be cool if I get to play Killzone 2 or Gran Tourismo in 3D..

10. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

There's a recently developed kind of monitor by Sharp that is 3D and requires no additional equipment. I believe this is the technology that Nintendo will use for its 3DS.

11. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

alright i didnt read the comments ontop so sorry if someone has said this but couldnt it just use Holo technology??? (3d without the glasses)

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Wasn't the 3DS just an April Fools Gag?

13. teheezin

teheezin Guest

What?! So not true =.= where did you get that.. even the latest Pokemon "Black" and "White" was announced rumoured to be on the 3DS, and also there's a new game "Time Traveler" announced for the 3DS too..it can't be an April Fool joke !

14. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

WTF? $200 for the glasses? Are they magic glasses? Do they produce some kind of dizzying high? When I go to watch a 3D film in the cinema, I get the 3D glasses for free!

15. ShyriaXil

ShyriaXil Active Member

LOL yea... I had the same reaction.... hahaha
    and wearing those 3d glasses make me go dizzy... for a while lol

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Actually the 3D glasses in the theatre are just polarized and cost 3 dollars.

the 3D glasses you get with the TVs are shutter glasses, they use like, LCD and Infra Red or some shit to make the 3D effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LC_shutter_glasses

What you get is a better 3D image then in the theatre.

17. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Iv'e tried it in a Belgian store. Apparently Belgium will get the first ones. Its decent quality but just not as good as in the cinema

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

If you mean IMAX, then yes.

I'll wait to see if the 3D thing actually kicks off and advances forward.

19. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

think of it as a 3d theatre in your home but you sit far away and there is no surround sound. realistically, i wouldn't bother buying it becaue who wants to wear glasses to watch 3d content?

20. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

I think the 3D thing will be a total flop. Just like those HD DVD's (not bluray) they started but also like the PSP UMD. Not many people bought them.