1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sony PSP (1000-3000) or Apple iTouch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shades09, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Shades09

Shades09 Well-Known Member

I'm going over seas VERY SOON (from the date this was posted) and I have the choice of getting a psp or an itouch. Which one should i get and for what reason? I would like to get a few opinions to help me decide :)

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Do you want an MP3 player that plays alright games, or do you want a PSP 1000 or 2000 (if you can find them) to play good games and emulators.

That's only if you can find a PSP 1000 or 2000.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ebay makes them easy to find, however some of the 2000 models are the same as 3000 models, just the shell is a 2000.

A 3000 can be hacked, it's just a different process, different cfw (custom firmware) and a bit of trial, error, and doing the process over and over again if you shut the 3000 completly.

The 1000/older 2000 psp's are better, here is my advice, look on ebay, look for psp's, and try to get one that is prehacked with any custom firmware, tell them to tell you EXACTLY what it is.

5.00m33v6 is a decent one, but any of the older one's will do fine, or 5.50 GEN type firmware (GEN D-2 plays more recent games).

The 3000's rely heavily on a certain ofw (official firmware) to get going, anything above 5.50 (though 5.03 is better) is a death sentance.

If your planning on playing games how your meant to with the disc, the 3000 ain't bed, but if you want more features, the easier to hack 1000/2000's (not the newer 2000 which look the same) are a better option and normally cheaper.

4. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

wow what a useful ibformation, because i plans to get psp to play bbs in 2010

5. Shades09

Well, I recently broke my ipod nano :( and want a new, perhas better, substitute, but I also want a new handheld since I is bored with my DS.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I think it's best to have an ipod as well as a psp.

I carry my dsi, psp AND ipod classic (7,000 currently...I listen to everyone) around with me, music when I'm walking, games depending on mood on the train/bus/tram.

7. Shades09

As cheap as this sounds, I probably can't afford both although if, through sheer luck, I can get both I'd consider it ;)

8. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Get a Creative mp3 player, cheaper and better than Apples DRM player, and use the money you have saved towards a decent second hand PSP.

9. Shades09

That's a good idea but, seriously, I want an ipod or a psp...

10. qazokm1

qazokm1 Member

Neither PSP has crap games, Im still waiting for Final Fantasy 7-10 to be released on the psp, and it be hard to download when you are abroad,
    Also O2 still has the monopoly on itouch and apple, making it useless abroad.

Might aswell just get a DSI.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But that is good advice.

Just because everyone including me has one doesn't mean it's the best.

7?

Isn't that on the playstation as well-if you have the disc or an iso of it try convert that.

I don't think 8-10 would be released...that's too much hope.

My suggestion still stands, have a bit of both, sure I could, COULD suggest getting the dsonpsp emulator however that still needs work..just get all 3 and keep them with you and switch-the psp doesn't last long in batter life, nethier does the dsi (but it is longer) and the ipod is BORING on the train...

Just keep them in seperate compartments or know how to wath your stuff-if my bag got stolen a storm will follow the one who stole it.

12. r1motochick

r1motochick Well-Known Member

As my second job, I work at Apple so I would say iTouch........

13. bigfish2009

bigfish2009 New Member

apple ipod touch definetly

14. Shades09

I know some people think that iTouchs/PSPs suck but they both can play a considerable amount of apps. The psp leans more onto the gaming side while the itouch is music and app based.

By the way, I asked 10 people at my school and 8 of them said to get the itouch. dunno why.. :S

Almost forgot, hYpNos' idea is pretty good. I might keep that in mind...

15. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

are we talking ipod or iphone?
    If iphone, iphone, must get it.
    If Ipod touch, ipod touch any way :p

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Because the ipod touch is an all in one type machine.

The games are mear time wasters, nothing really time consuming or involved.

Mother has an iphone and from what I seen of her's and her friends who have more games...BLEH!

17. Shades09

I'm already overseas and havent got either yet so please keep posting opinions to help. Thx ;D

18. Shades09

Uh, there hasn't been many more posts so please keep posting. So far my decision is to get the PSP (found a brand new one for about $150) and not alot of shops sell iTouchs (where I am).