1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sonic the Hedgehog cheat codes

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by bmtmotion, Apr 15, 2009.

1. bmtmotion

bmtmotion New Member

Greetings,
    I have a 5 year old MAC running Sonic the Hedgehog. Does anyone have any cheat codes for this game, especially unlimited lives? Thank you for your help!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What specific Sonic game?

3. bmtmotion

bmtmotion New Member

I am playing both Sonic 2 and 3. any cheat codes would be super helpful, especially those lives. Thank you very much!

4. Ultimate-Sonic-3000

Ultimate-Sonic-3000 Well-Known Member

Here is one for Sonic 2 (I don't know about Sonic 3)!

Do 19, 65, 09, 17 in sound test option (In order) to unlock the level select screen then press START on the sound test to go back to the title screen:

Then you hold A (Genesis Button) on 1 PLAYER option while you press START. You'll be in the level select screen. There you'll find another sound test option. Type 04, 01, 02, 06 to unlock all emeralds because you need all emeralds to do this (You need Tails with you as well) and do this combinaton next: 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04 (in order) to unlock debug mode.

Then select a level and get 50 rings (Or just enter debug mode and place rings everywhere) then transform to Super Sonic. Then enter debug mode and switch to the TV Box and place it (You can place it on the air if you want. It'll work) and then jump and a big light will teleport you to the beginning of the stage (You might get afraid if that happens because some of the sprites will wreck on most zones though the stage will be fine but I recommend Emerald Hill Zone or Chemical Plant Zone because the sprites will not wreck, I dunno. I haven't use debug mode in ages).

Tails will be super and you'll be normal but Sonic's apperance won't change. He still looks super. Though Tails will only have stars surronding around him and you'll have Super Sonic's apperance but he will move, jump and spin just like the regular Sonic but the rings are still going down each second.

Then go on debug mode and switch to an enemy and place it in Tails' location. Then tap the button as fast as you can while your an enemy in debug mode and soon you'll get 10,000 point combos repeatedly. This way you can get extra lives in a blink of an eye (Well not really. I mean you get lots of lives)!!

Here are the controls for debug mode (NOTE!: I'm gonna say the Genesis controls!)

B: Enter debug mode (While you're outside of it).
    A: Switch Items/Enemies.
    C: Place Item/Enemy.
    B: Exit debug mode (While debug is enabled).

Here you go!

P.S: If you have any problems, tell me.

P.P.S: If your life count for example looks like this: 01 (I think), it means that you have 101 lives.

P.P.P.S: From now on while debug mode is added in the game and it's disabled, use A or C to jump.

P.P.P.P.S: GOOD LUCK!!!!

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You could just use a memory scanner (Cheat Engine etc.) and change the values in the 'lives' memory address, by searching 5 if you have 5, die once, then search 4, die again, search 3 etc. until you come with a few searches. Then change the value, and apply it (which will keep the value constant).

6. bmtmotion

bmtmotion New Member

Is there a way to enter the cheat codes using the keyboard? I am really new to all this and appreciate all the help. Thanks again!