1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Something wrong with my R4 cartridge and maybe my DS...?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omgwut, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I was playing Animal Crossing: Wild World and decided to use cheats. When I activated them, my game led me to a white screen. Didn't even had a chance to show the Nintendo logo (poor logo...). I think its because there's something wrong with my R4 cartridge or the DS slot for the cartridge. I decided not to use cheats and played it like a noncheater. then in a middle of a gameplay my game froze. Music was still playing but the game stopped. I got rid of the ROM because I don't want to confront Resetti (BECAUSE RESETTI IS AN @$$#0LE). Then I got Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. On the 4th day (in the game), I was in a middle of a battle and then my game froze. I tried again and my game froze AGAIN.

Is it because my cartridge overloaded or something? And my R4 cartridge can't work unless it's leaning against my DS. It's a real B**** when I remove my R4 and have to put it back in the EXACT SAME POSITION.

Should I buy a new DS.... and a new R4 Cartridge?
    Post Merge: [time]1248000400[/time]
    DAMMIT WRONG TOPIC

2. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Have you tried to backup everything then format and put it back on again? You should also maybe try to take a smooth cloth and gently wipe the metal bit of the mem card

3. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Backup? Format? I don't think it has something to do with the memory card...

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's best to enable cheats, before you create the save file for your game. Freezing issues are to do with the card.

5. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Oh. Now how do I do that?

6. anandjones

If the firmware does not detect a save file to be used with a ROM, it asks you to create the save file obviously. Delete the existing save, enable cheats first, and then recreate the save file.

7. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

But this also happened BEFORE I even started playing. I activated the cheats, then it started to make the save file, and then a white screen.

8. HottSushiz

HottSushiz Well-Known Member

How bout try installing the YSMenu, perhaps it may solve your problem.

9. anandjones

Try reinstalling the latest firmware http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/, delete the save file, enable cheats, re-create save file. If this doesn't work, you may just have to patch the ROM itself with the codes, using a program like DSATM.

10. Filiprules

Filiprules Member

This used to happen to me but i thoguht it was from me having to many games on my micro sd. like i have a 2gb and had like 27 games, so i lowered it to 15 games and it works fine

11. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

It didn't really work...

12. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

If you Format it and maybe take off a few games it should work fine... =]

13. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Okay, but my game Devil survivor freezes after triggering a scene.

14. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Animal Crossing is pretty infamous for cheat problems. It's probably best not to try and cheat in that game.

As for SMT, have you tried redownloading the rom?

15. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I want to, but I lost the Memory Card reader. :(

BTW is SMT supposed to have about 48 MB?

16. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Not if it's untrimmed. As I don't have the rom and can't be bothered looking it up, I dunno how big the trimmed rom should be.

17. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

SMT's untrimmed rom size is 64 MB.

18. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

It says 64 MB on my DS and 48 on the file.

19. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The files should be the same size on both your PC and on your MicroSD card. Make sure you have a clean copy. Maybe you have a ROM handling software that is set to auto-trim?

20. anandjones

Trimming is rarely the cause of the problem also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.