1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Something weird on my r4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by manjithxxx, Jun 1, 2010.

1. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

I have an R4ds(original) with wood r4 1.07. This is how it went down.
    I was playing Pokemon Crystal using lameboy(latest version, cant remember name) saving was done through save slots(not in-game save option).After a few saves, I noticed saving was taking longer than usual and at one point the loading bar(which shows saving progress)just stopped :eek:
    So I decided to re-install lameboy, I removed micro-SD card, loaded it into my computer.This is where I really got shocked. There were lots of files which looked like this,

[][][][][][][][]
    You know,inverted rectangles, sort of.
    Funny thing was that these files were more than 3gb each whereas my micro SD can only support 2gb max.

So I had to format the whole thing but couldn't back up the files as windows kept telling my games and sav's were corrupted. I want to know why this happened and how to prevent it. I don't want to keep losing savegames

2. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

MicroSD corrupted. It happens every now and again with them. This is why you should back up often.

Usually more common with cheaper brands of MSD cards.

It could have been a lameboy error, or a R4 glitch. No way to know AFAIK. Just back up often in case of this.

3. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Ew I remember when that happened to my SD card... incidentally it was from lameboy too...

4. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.Definitely will back up more often then.

I guess I better stay away from lameboy too.

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm pretty sure it was because I tried to create a new save file when I had literally no room on my MicroSD. Or maybe Lameboy is dodgy (but if it is Lameboy's fault, you would think you'd have heard more complaints).

6. Cool3456beaty

Cool3456beaty Well-Known Member

Ugh! I HATE!! losing save files then you have to start every thing ALL OVER AGAIN!!

7. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

this happened to me from the Paint app in DSOrganize, and again when I was playing Big Brain Academy.

it really sucks when you don't have backups, or you don't have access to your PC at the time (I was on vacation during the DSOrganize incident)

8. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

I never remember to update my backups... mostly because I have an 8Gb SD card and it takes forever to back it up

9. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

No, no. Lameboy is fine, they all corrupt every so often.