1. This forum is in read-only mode.

somebody help me........please......................

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by raisblow, Nov 14, 2010.

1. raisblow

raisblow New Member

somebody help me please......... :'( :'( :'(,the file which i've downloaded from this site is RAR,so how to turn it to the ISO one? :'(,sorry if my english is bad

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

you need a program called winrar and extract the iso image from the rar file

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=3880.0

4. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

No, that's not it. For some reason God only knows why, winrar makes ISO look like that. It's still an ISO just as it is, just a funny looking one! ;v)

5. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

dont misuse smiley's its bad! they dont deserve to be

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ISO is a bundle file. Just a container holding all the data on the disc. Winrar can associate itself with ISO, but usually it only associates itself with .BIN (another disc image). But you first have to extract the RAR/ZIP/7Zip file and then use the resulting ISO/BIN/IMG/etc.

You should always turn off the annoying option in windows "Hide File Extensions of Known File Types". That has to be one of the most annoying options that were defaulted ON in windows.

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if i understood this correctly, you are basically saying that the iso image has a winrar symbol. if its this, just dont worry about it. dont extract it though

8. raisblow

raisblow New Member

thank you so much for your helps my friend,now i can play my old game..............:)

9. Fennyariel

Right! ;v) Winrar makes an ISO look like a rar or zip. God only knows WHY, but it does and it's confusing as hell! I hate! I don't know how many ISO's I've unpacke for that reason! UGH!

10. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

you can make winrar not to show an ISO file like a rar file (find it on options)

11. Fennyariel

Oh gee! Heaven forbid you'd ever say WHERE in options! Sheesh!