1. This forum is in read-only mode.

some troubles with epsxe config

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

well im having some rather nasty problems at the time of configuring epsxe, im running it via crossover games and it works, im using epsxe 1.6, i cant use 1.7 dunno why but it wont run.

onto the main problem, i configure both the video and CD plug ins then i chose run CD (eternal eyes) new are it wont run at all i downloaded most bios for the epsxe and the plug ins i could lay my hands from emuparadise.org, so i use the recomended ones, i ask it to run white screen of death wont run, what do i do? also i cna submit a YT link, but it will be for a little later as im gonna need to open crossover and it crashes for some reason fire fox.

what im asking is a little help on how to make this run my burned CD's, as im running eternal eyes froma burnt CD, and why i dont use flarestorm or PCSX? both emualtors are highly undeveloped and only run demo's

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Try psx, it can run games from CD's.

also, maybe it's a bad burn? Have you tried running it just using an iso of the game?

3. Duncan Idaho

im mostly trying to use epsxe for a very diferent reason than just running one game, but i have a PSX and its not a abd burn the game runs fine on a PSX the model of it is the SCPH 9001 it works with most of my burnt games, the only one is Persona innocent sin, but thats an other story

i dont have the iso since i tend to erase them after i stock them up on a DVD and i dont have that DVD at hand.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Ah, i meant the emulator psx

you could just redownload the iso >.>

Also, Innocent Sin is awesome, i like that game.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The most common reason people have for 1.7.0 not running is that it needs the zlib.dll (or how ever it's spelled) file.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=8528.0
    Read that tutorial, it tells you where to download the file, put it in the ePSXe directory and it will work.

ePSXe runs best with the "Run ISO" option. Burning them to CD and running them from your CD/DVD Drive usually adds some lag when loading from the CD.

Download this plugin pack:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=600.0

And use Pete's OpenGL2 or D3D DX6 plugins. They are the best, and run most games very well with minimal tweaks. Your issue is likely an incompatible graphics plugin configuration. Usually a bad configuration either hangs at a black screen when loading the game, or hangs at the menu screen.

6. Duncan Idaho

im lacking in the point area and im reserving them >.> there are a few roms i need to re download for my games DVD and they cost over 150 points each.

i know you meant the emulator but im prfering espxe since i have heard its the best thing, and im not sure crossover would like to run, im a mac user so crossover is my only option for the moment, and so espxe is an emualtor it runs on crossover, hence my options are limited.

the problem with innocent sin is that the latest patch wont work it just does not runs in my psx.

BTW what are the best bios and plug in config i should use to ensure DW32003 runs.

also tirith im not 100% sure its due to that but ill give it a try.

i dont have any isos hence im using my CD's and i used already that plug in program.

Post Merge: [time]1268839823[/time]
    K i got some .img files (suikoden 1 and 2) so i went configured it voila white screen of death im either doing somethign wrong with the config or epsxe 1.6 is being a bad boy with me.